We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from a great time at Kandersteg

Which Kandersteg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from a great time at Kandersteg

I have just returned from another wonderful time in Switzerland, and wanted to thank those people who told me about going to Kandersteg (What a great place to spend some days)

Stayed four days in Zermatt in the Matterhornblick hotel (just between the Church and the River) and four days in Kandersteg in the Bernerhof hotel (One of the best hotels that I have been in Switzerland and not too expensive at all)

I was terribly lucky with the weather (some fog in some morning and some storms in the late afternoon, but that is normal at the mountains)

Enjoyed specially the Gasterntall valley and the Sunnebuel area in kandersteg, two great places to spend the whole day walking around and in Zermatt the Sunnega area and of course the views from the Klein Matterhorn and the Gornergrat

Hope to be back. I just love those mountains

Thank you again

Jose

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,174 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from a great time at Kandersteg

Great to hear you liked your time in Switzerland, Jose.

I hope you are going to come back soon.

pore

Pakistan
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from a great time at Kandersteg

Hi. Need your advice. We want to spend a few days in Kandersteg in the last week of June. Before Kandersteg, we'll be staying 4 days in Zurich and afterwards, 4 days in Lugano.

Between Zurich and Lugano, we want to spend a few days in a scenic place where we can make our base and drive to other places (like Interlaken) since we'll have our car. Do you think Kandersteg is the right place or do you recommend some other place?

Will appreciate your input.

Regards

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,174 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from a great time at Kandersteg

Hi Wmohsin

Please ask zour question on zour own post. Just press the ASK A QUESTION button and there you are.

pore

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from a great time at Kandersteg

I stayed at the Bernerhof last March for a week and found it very comfortable the set meals were very good and the hotel had a friendly hosting family.

5. Re: Just back from a great time at Kandersteg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Kandersteg