We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to reach Ascona

Which Ascona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rajkot, India
3 posts
Save Topic
How to reach Ascona

I have planned a stay for 3 days in SAAS FEE & then i want to visit Ascona. Which is the best train connection to reach Ascona? Do i have to reserve the train seats in advance?

3 replies to this topic
canada
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to reach Ascona

Normally, the best way is to go through Domodossola, change to FART train to Locarno, then bus/taxi to Ascona. No need to reserve train seats, but I would pay for ist class for the narrow gauge train, to get a better view of beatiful Centovalli. When are you traveling? Since the tunnel fire you are now faced with many alternatives: e.g. bus over the mountain, shuttle trains, detour to Andematt, etc. Nice excuse to spend more time to see more countryside scenery.

Rajkot, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to reach Ascona

Thanks for your reply.

I shall be reaching Ascona on the 31of August, so pl do keep me posted about the latest news of the fire .

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: How to reach Ascona

Will you share your experience of reaching Ascona? A better view of beatiful Centovalli is worth paying more for a train, believe me. I'd like to have http://essaywriting.center studying instead of me while I'm traveling through all the beautiful destinations.

Reply to: How to reach Ascona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ascona