We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

Meath
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

Did any one attend a wedding in the Step House in Borris in the last year? If so would they recommend it, any tips? I am considering it as my wedding venue. I would appriciate any tip anyone may have. :-)

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,447 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

Friends stayed there for a wedding in Borris House, shortly after it opened, there was a problem with the plumbing there. The food is good, but the place is very small, if your guests want to stay.

Meath
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

Yea there are only 20 bedroooms and 3 apartments, Im hoping there are plenty of b+b's around the wedding would be for 100 guests. I have to

investigate further into it..... Thanks ;-)

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,447 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

very little b and bs in Borris.

Drogheda
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

What about Baglelinstown is that too far for guests to travel after the wedding... what do you think?

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

Lorum old rectory and Kilgraney House would be good local B&Bs but would involve driving. The Step House probably have the names of others nearby.

http://www.lorum.com/

http://www.kilgraneyhouse.com/

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

Hi Lollser

I live in Borris so I am probably a bit biased. The Step House is excellent for weddings, food is wonderful, beautiful location with lovely garden if you are having it during the summer months. There are lots of B/B locations within a five mile radius and the only busy nights for local taxi`s is Saturday. Come down and check it our for yourself you wont regret it.

Cheers

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

I've stayed at Brenda's B&B. Very homely and friendly. Nice clean comfortable rooms. Lovely view over the village and viaduct. Plenty of advice if you want to go walking or exploring the area. They have a website: www.brendasbandb.ie

8. Re: Did any one have or attend a wedding a The Step House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 05:16