We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
118 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

We are going to Barbados in 3 weeks and want to stay on the south side near the kitesurfing and some surf, and have no idea where to stay! We will be with our 19 month old who goes to sleep at 7:30 so the best thing would be a smaller place where we can get a room near a pool area with a bar/restaurant where we can go after he goes to sleep and where the baby monitor will reach, and a small kitchen would be nice. But also walking distance to the kiting would be ideal. Thanks!

Upwind Kitesurf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Equipment Hire
Trailseekers Barbados
Hiking & Camping Tours
6 replies to this topic
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

I'm not sure what your budget is and I'm not the expert on kitesurfing either but I have seen kitesurfers in the water from the Oistins area up to Rockley area. Have a look at Butterfly Beach hotel, Rostrevor, Coral Mist, Blue Orchids to start with as these may fit the bill.

Edited: 19 October 2012, 20:27
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

I'm not sure what your budget is and I'm not the expert on kitesurfing either but I have seen kitesurfers in the water from the Oistins area up to Rockley area. Have a look at Butterfly Beach hotel, Rostrevor, Coral Mist, Blue Orchids to start with as these may fit the bill. Maybe they are too far from Silver Sands for you??

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

I would say Little Arches but it's adults only. Therefore, check out Silverpoint (step from their deck directly on to the best kitesurfing beach) or Ocean Spray.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

redseachic

I too agree re: Silver Point and Ocean Spray. Lots of kitesurfing happens in that area.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,046 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

bpfife is right on as usual.

Can't go wrong with any of his comments....ever. :-)

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
118 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?

Thanks guys! I have emailed Silver Point and am waiting for a response. Appreciate your help!

Reply to: Best hotels near kitesurfing beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Silver Sands