We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delos guides

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Delos guides

Hi,

We are arriving via cruise ship in late October and are debating whether to do a group tour or diy. Can anyone tell us, generally speaking, how much it costs to hire a guide at the island? Would a good map & guidebook suffice? Thanks!

Lori

Mykonos
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delos guides

Hi Lori,

The dillema of "guide/no guide" is very personal. Let me express my opinion then: If someone is very experienced with ruins, then a simple guide book might be enough for him. If not, he will just miss the magic of having someone bringing the past into the present times. Moreover, the personal touch of a local guide, his humor, the way he takes position to different matters and finally his help to avoid crowds and that special "litlle something" that is never written on any guidebook are the reasons that always make me vote for the "guide" side. For a private tour on Delos a guide would take about 160-200euros if you book him through internet. Make it 250 if you refer to local travel agencies, knowing though that 100% of that goes to Greece.You may also refer to the Greek Federation of Tourist Guides to give you a list of names that work locally on Mykonos-Delos.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delos guides

Thank you so much for the information! I will have to do more research on Delos to decide which route to take. :)

Lori

3. Re: Delos guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2018, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Delos