We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palompon ferries

Nakatsugawa, Japan
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Palompon ferries

Hi, I'll be traveling from Palompon to Bogo by ferry and was wondering how reliable the time schedules were. Last time I took a ferry from Ormoc to cebu city it was two hours late and I need to get to bogo before 4:30. Any advice? Thanks!

14 replies to this topic
Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palompon ferries

I don't know if this reply will get to you in time. I have travelled the bogo-palompon route twice this year, August and September, both times I have brought my car. The boat leaves palompon at 7:30 am and arrives in bogo at around 10:30 am. The return trip to palompon leaves bogo at 12 noon. Accommodation is spartan, but if the weather is fine, it makes for a good travel. Boat trip lasts 3 hours. If you need info you may call this number 09062912573. I forgot her name but she's the one in charge of booking cars and all vehicles that you need to bring along in the trip, if any. She working for super shuttle ferry, the ferry that can accommodate cars and vehicles. You need to book at least a day ahead if you're bringing a vehicle because most of the time the ferry is full of trucks and buses. Arrive at the port at least 1-2 hours prior to departure so you can reserve your slot in the ferry. If you are traveling without a vehicle, then there's no need to prior booking. Just arrive at least 30 min before departure. Both times I travelled, the ferry left on schedule. Hope this helps.

Emirate of Dubai...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palompon ferries

how much is the fare from palompon to bogo & vise versa? how trips a day from Palompon to Bogo

Emirate of Dubai...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palompon ferries

How much is the fare from Palompon to Bogo? how many trips a day/// Thanks

Alaminos...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Palompon ferries

Is there a ferry Manila palempon? How much and when from where does it go

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palompon ferries

There's no ferry plying Palompon to Manila. You can take the Cebu-Manila ferry route then from Cebu you can take either Ormoc or Palompon ferry route. Another option is to take a bus. There's a bus route but you have to go to Ormoc to take a bus route from Ormoc to Manila.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,744 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palompon ferries

I can't believe I never saw this in 2014 or 2015.

For the 2015 poster, it is once a day. 7.30am Palompon to Bogo and 12 noon from Bogo back to Palompon. Their used to be different classes of travel. It is now all one class. Sit outside in the open air or sit inside in a lounge chair inside in the aircon. It is P250.

There is no boat from Manila to Palompon. There used to be. It used to travel from Cebu City to Palompon then to Dumaguit on Panay, (not far from Kalibo) then to Manila and then turn around and do the trip in reverse. It is how I got to Boracay in 1995 for my honeymoon. Unfortunately, it stopped running at least 15 years ago.

For me to get to Palompon, I usually fly Manila to Mactan Cebu. Then catch a fast ferry from pier 1 in Cebu City to Ormoc City. There are 3 fast ferry choices for this route, I usually travel on Supercat (2GO). Then V-hire to Palompon.

However, last trip in August, I travelled on 2GO ship St Leo the great from Manila to Cebu City. Then Supercat (2GO) from Cebu City to Ormoc City then V-Hire to Palompon.

The cost on St Leo the Great can vary hugely. Between class of travel and travel dates. Last month, there was a special P499 or similar in economy from Manila to Cebu City. I personally paid P5600 for 2 in a state room, meals included, but it was a very nice state room. The state room last month was going for only P3600 for 2. See it here if you want. The trip is 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo2O7_KaK9o

Fare on a fast ferry is about P800 Cebu City to Ormoc. that trip takes about 2.5 hours. V-hire costs P110 and takes a bit over an hour from Ormoc to Palompon.

There are slow ferries travelling between Cebu City and Palompon. Medallion used to be every day but as of August is back to 3 times a week. Cokaliong is 3 times a week. They cost about P500 in aircon.

You can also catch a plane from Manila to tacloban then get a bus from Tacloban direct to Palompon. I don't know how many buses there are but there is at least one a day as it travels from Tacloban to Cebu City via Palompon Leyte ane Bogo Cebu. It crosses over on the RORO this thread is about. Or, you can get on the next v-hire, bus jeepney or what ever in Tacloban, heading in the direction of Ormoc, get out at the turn off in Kananga, then catch the next v-hire or jeepney coming from Ormoc travelling to Palompon

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palompon ferries

Anyone know cost of fare if you bring a car from Bogo to Polompon?

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palompon ferries

I did use this trip going to leyte and paid P1,850 for my sedan. You can more or less estimate if your bring an SUV or van.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,744 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palompon ferries

The RORO is operated by supershuttle. For up to date info, you could ring them

http://supershuttleroro.com/en/schedule/

makati city
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Palompon ferries

what time is your trip from Cebu to Palompon? and last trip Palompon back to cebu? how much is the economy fare and how many hours travel time

Reply to: Palompon ferries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palompon