We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mail boxes in florence

8 posts
Save Topic
Mail boxes in florence

Does anyone know if post boxes for receiving regular mail are avIlable in Florence? I find that it is often difficult to receive mail and packages from home when living in rental properties.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
134 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mail boxes in florence

Post Boxes are not available for non-residence although if you need to have any thing sent over make sure it is sent with Priority post that way if you are not in the postman will leave you message with an address of local post office where you can pick the package or letter up. Make sure when you are having something delivered the person sending the package writes the correct post code

Regards Linda

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mail boxes in florence

There's no real way to have mail delivered to your name at an address that isn't your legal residence. It would have to have "c/o" and the name of the person whose legal address it is.

You could use the old fashioned poste restante service, which in Italy is called Fermoposta. You have packages addressed to your legal name, with "Fermoposta" added. In lieu of address, put the exact name of the post office where you want to receive the mail and its CAP (postal code). Mail will be held for you for 30 days, and you'll pay €3 for each piece of mail held. You need to present a valid ID to pick up the mail

poste.it/azienda/…fermoposta.shtml

I see Mail Box Etc. all over Italy, and they do rent boxes for people to have their letters sent to, but I think this may not be available for people who are not residents, because I think they operate through a post office temporary or permanent change of address. MBE certainly have offices in Florence; why don't you drop into one and ask them?

Otherwise, ask the person from whom you're renting how mail should be addressed to make sure you get it.

3. Re: Mail boxes in florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 08:22