We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany accomodation

Cootamundra
1 post
Save Topic
Tuscany accomodation

My husband and I are planning our first European trip which includes two weeks in Italy. We are flying from Nice to Venice and spending 3 nights there. We then plan to take the train to Florence for another 3 nights. Our plan is a bit vague from there but ideally 6 nights in Tuscany to relax and explore is on the agenda. From there we are heading to Rome. Any suggestions on where to stay and what we should or shouldn't do? We are travelling early November.

Edited: 21 July 2013, 21:40
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany accomodation

Hi Kerwyn F,

You'll have a car during your 6 nights in Tuscany? I hope so - it's really the only way to really explore and enjoy this beautiful place.

I particularly love Il Poggiale (www.villailpoggiale.it) which is just outside of Florence in the Chianti hills. It's a beautifully restored 15th century villa - elegant yet comfy and very friendly. Great base for exploring Chianti, Siena, Val d'Orcia, Val di Chiana, Pisa, Lucca, Volterra, San Gimignano.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscany accomodation

Here's a blog post that might provide some useful tips for you: chiantitravelguide.com/best-place-to-stay-as…

3. Re: Tuscany accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:17