We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Accom for 5 and where?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
339 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Best Accom for 5 and where?

Hi all!

We are a family of 5 (hubby, myself and 3 daughters 23,21,12) heading to Florence next September for 3 nights.

I have been looking at everything from 5* hotels, b&b's and private rentals but would like some help if possible?

We'd like to be inner "city", view of the Arno if possible, either a 2 bed apt or 2 sep rooms (hotel) pref no sofa beds or rollaways, up to 350 euros per night approx.

Anyone used AirBnB or another company? Is it better to stay at a place with a Reception/concierge for our first time in Florence in case we need some advice or bookings etc.?

Thanks for anything you can suggest guys!

Sam :-)

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Accom for 5 and where?

Love the Hotel Silla. Very helpful staff. Lovely breakfast. Wonderful view from the terrace of the river and the city.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,860 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Accom for 5 and where?

www.venere.com and www.booking.com are 2 sites where you can look for accommodations by location, price and amenities - read the reviews! The star system in Italy is different, I've stayed in some quite nice 2 & 3 star hotels and apartments.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
339 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Accom for 5 and where?

Thankyou guys. Just got home from work and will start looking! :-)

4. Re: Best Accom for 5 and where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:17