We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet camping places

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet camping places

My friend and I will be driving to Italy in June. We have found a small, quiet, rural campsite near Cetona/Siena, which we are considering. We want to visit Florence, Siena and Rome, possibly even an overnight trip down to Naples, but I'd also like to find somewhere near a beach, but not in/near a huge tourist resort.

I think the Castiglione della Pescaia/Marina di Grosetto area looks interesting, so wondered if anyone could recommend a small, quiet campsite in that area, or if you can recommend somewhere else that might meet our needs. We don't need an onsite shop, pool, tennis court, electricity, etc. just a flat piece of shaded ground in a quiet, pretty spot, with friendly owners.

Any thoughts, recommendations, suggestions would be welcome.

1 reply
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet camping places

Hi, we have never been camping, the only sure thing we can affirm is that if you'll stay a bit north of Castiglione della Pescaia, it would be less crowded around; e.g. Baia dei Gabbiani camping at Puntone di Scarlino.

Reply to: Quiet camping places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Grosseto