We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

Hi,

Just wondering what cost / where / reccomendations for massages - also fish massage in Langkawi - staying at The holiday Villa Beach Resort...

Cheers,

Deb

23 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

Hi

As Malaysia is a Muslim country you do not get people doing massages on the beach as you do in Thailand.

Near the Holiday Villa there are numerous spas which you can visit. Ishan Spa is lovely and the setting is beautiful. They have a website which you can look at.

There is a fish massage spa at the Oriental Village but I would imagine that there should be some open now in Pantai Cenang. The price is very cheap compared to UK prices.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

The Anjung Spa in Oriental Village do have fish spa facility.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

Dear Deb,

Beach Garden has a massage on the beach but of course in a little hut. Damn cheap.

Eric is a great masseur as well and excellent value. Check out Rumah Holistic.

I had a great massage at Aum Spa in Cenang for the 100st time just yesterday. Very nice set up.

Eva

Mumbai, India
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

I will be in Danna in Aug mid for four nights.

Besides the hotel spa (which might be very expensive) where near by /not too far I can get messages and at what cost.

what is a fish message and what other kind of messages are recommended.

thanks.

neera

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

Hi

A fish massage is where you put your feet in a pool fulll of little Doctor Fish and the fish nibble all the dead skin off your feet. It is lovely unless you do not like your feet being touched.

Also at the place where they do the fish massage, they do other massages too. I do not know what the price is but it is certainly cheaper than those you could book at The Danna.

The spa is called Anjung Spa and it is located at the Oriental Village, which is around 5 mins by car from The Danna.

Lesley

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

there is a spa above the shops at telaga harbour. though still quite pricy, the cost is lower than most hotel spas.

for something different, the ayura spa at berjaya hotel is in a wonderful rainforest setting. hotel prices, of course, but they do have 'special offer' packages. the outdoor whirlpool is wonderful.

pam

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

Hi Neera,

There are plenty of massage place in Langkawi. Ayura Spa in Berjaya is cheaper than spa price in The Danna. But there are plenty of massage places in Pantai Cenang & Pantai Tengah on the roadsides itself. If you are looking for cheap ones, here they are.

Happy Spa'ing!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

as bas says; there are cheaper places around, but in my experience there is not the sort of cheap beach massage you get in thailand.

you do, in my opinion, get what you pay for. i would choose ishan spa for the quality of treatments, which are tailored to the customer and have been exellent for both me and my husband, and ayura spa for the amazing setting where i usually stick to a simple massage and enjoy the surroundings and the pool. both worth places every penny, to me.

pam

Edited: 27 June 2011, 12:40
Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

Hello Eva

I´m Adela from Spain, and I´m going to visit Langkawi mnext month with some clients.

Could you please tell me what is aproximately the price of a massage at the beach?

THank you very much

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi

adela - perhaps you need to read the answers on this thread. this is not thailand and they do not do massage on the beach. some hotels have facilities. and there are day spas. at a variety of prices.

pam

Reply to: Cheap beach massages in Langkawi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Tengah