We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Difference between Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem

Can someone tell me what's the main difference between these two islands? Is one a party island and the other quieter? I am not looking to party and would hate to end up on the stretch of beach that is noisy until early hours. Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem

Ko Rong has the main beach with a few boom bars. Not to crazy but loud at night . We stayed a few hundred meters down the beach at "Paradise bungalows ". Quite a nice chilled place . A couple great beaches within hiking distance . Quite a cool backpacker scene . We didn't go to the other island ,but heard it is very nice. IF you go The sand flys can be ferocious . We were still itching a week after we got home.

Koh Rong Samloem...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem

Most people say that Koh Rong is now island for people looking to party... in general. Cheap accommodation options and food, happy hours and music. Although there are also a few quieter places there where you can relax.

Koh Rong Samloem is mostly quiet, (except from once in a month full moon party at The Beach) perfect for people looking for a relaxing getaway where you can enjoy swimming, relaxing on the beach or reading a book while swinging in a hammock.

Both islands are amazingly beautiful. Think how you'd like to spend your holiday and pick for yourself :)

Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference between Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem

Hi, can I ask you an information about the Cambogia's island? Are you been on Koh rong? It's noisy? It's full of party and strong music all the night? I travel alone, and I want spend some days in january on one of the two island: Koh Rong or Koh Rong Samloem. I looking for a good and peacful place, good food, good snorkeling, good relax, maybe quiet people!! Do you have any suggestion for me? Thank you

4. Re: Difference between Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Koh Rong Samloem