We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

island safety !

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
island safety !

Good day everyone,

I am a lady who will be traveling to koh kong Samloem. I am concerning about its safety, what not to carry with me (Camera, phones ..), Are there ATMs and how to behave with the community. kindly advise

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: island safety !

I don't believe there are ATM machines, I could be wrong. I had money so I didn't need them. As far as safety, never had a single concern anytime carrying anything, day or night.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,234 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: island safety !

I found this a good link and it mentions that there are no ATM's.

http://www.kohrongisland.org/

Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
428 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: island safety !

Definitely no ATM's on the islands. Safety is not really a concern , the odd theft from cabins is really the only crime you have to worry about.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: island safety !

Thank you very much every one !

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: island safety !

There are no ATMs on the islands as of yet, so bring enough cash with you to cover your stay. I've visited all of the islands as a woman alone, and it is relatively safe. That said, crime has been increasing and there have been one or two very frightening incidents. Because of this, I would not recommend hiking alone in secluded areas, etc. Also, be sure to lock up your possessions in your cabin, I bring a couple of padlocks with me when I travel and I've never had a problem. There's no need to worry, but do take precautions. Have fun!

6. Re: island safety !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Koh Rong Samloem
Recent Conversations