We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare

Vermilion, Ohio
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Airfare

We are planning a trip to Exuma the end of March. Any tips on finding airfare under $800 per person. We live in northern ohio.

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare

Delta flies out of Atlanta on Sundays and Wednesdays. That might give you some more options.

http://www.facebook.com/exuma.tarbay

Edited: 29 October 2012, 05:07
Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare

Did you try American through Miami?

Houston
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare

We have also stayed the night in Florida to catch a morning flight the next day. Something to consider.

Yes, it was a pain leaving the airport, dinner, rechecking luggage, etc. Overall we saved half the airfare and there was 5 of us so it really added up!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare

We have been able to catch the 5:30 flight out of Boston to Miami, and can make the flight to Exuma and be there by noon all in the same day.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare

Do check Delta, especially on Wednesdays. I was frustrated trying to get flights on a weekend and was looking at over $1100. Was looking to arrive with short notice. Noticed someone said to check on Delta Wednesdays and got the flights for $400 each. Not the most convenient dates to travel work-wise but can't beat the cost!

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare

I just booked tickets from American, $540RT out of Boston. They have a daily flight out of Miami to GGT that leaves at 10:45AM.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare

we usually find them for under $600. out of Columbus, Ohio

Mentioned in this post
MA
Level Contributor
434 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare

Moose4, That is a good fare! We have the same flight time out of Boston, in May, and paid $629. We were happy with that fare as we paid $900 and something last April vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
MA
Level Contributor
434 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare

We have the 5:30 flight. I

Vermilion, Ohio
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I think I'm seeing higher prices because it's Easter weekend...a very popular travel time. I'll keep watching!

Get answers to your questions about George Town
More George Town Topics