We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxembourg to Remich

Boston Ma
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luxembourg to Remich

We are embarking on an AMA waterway cruise from Remich,. We are arriving in Luxembourg the day prior to embarkation.What is the best way to get to Remich from Luxembourg, and is it easy to find taxis to take us to the ship if we are using public transit?

Have tried searching the internet for particulars but details are sparse.

thanks

41 replies to this topic
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

Thankyou for your help. Is the third row of the timetable entitled Remarques iof any significance to the day of the week? Asked another way is the schedule the same on Sunday as other days?

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

I am assuming you are looking at this page:

mobiliteit.lu/medias/…175.pdf

The row 'Remarques' is not relevant for you (it gives some information about connecting buses). However, the second row (Régime de circulation) is. Buses with the crosslike symbol (I think it stands for two tools) do only run Monday to Saturday, i.e., not on Sunday. Furthermore, buses with [A] do only run Monday to Friday.

However, an easier way to find the times is to go to http://www.mobiliteit.lu/ and use the form under 'Recherchez votre itinéraire' on the frontpage. Use 'Remich, Gare routière' and 'Luxembourg, Gare Centrale' as departure and destination station. On the next page, you can also switch to English.

Edited: 08 July 2012, 01:41
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

Thank you for the help, this is exactly what I need.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

Thanks everyone for all the help in this forum. I have just returned from a river cruise starting out of Remich. I followed the advice given here and it was very simple and cheap to take the bus from the main train station in Luxembourg to Remich. Cost was only 1.5 Euro. The bus is very comfortable and there is an area for luggage. Bus #175 runs every 30min. Mon to Sat. (different schedule on Sun.) and total trip time was only 40min. Drop off stop is Remich Gare routiere, which the bus driver will gladly tell you when you arrive. River boats will be docked nearby but positions will always be determined by the water levels and number of boats in town.

If anyone is looking for a place to stay The Park Inn Radisson is a very nice new hotel to stay and the rates are very reasonable. Rooms are non-smoking and tastefully decorated. It is only about a 5 min. walk from the Luxembourg train station. Lots of amenities around.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
13 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

The train fare from Paris to Luxembourg varies depending on the time. If you see fare round $50 or below, grab it.

Syracuse, New York
12 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

We're a group of 4 seniors who are dong this trip in June. Do these buses have space for luggage? We're traveling with one big check-in luggage each plus carry-on. Thanks in advance

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

There are no luggage racks or compartments as such, but you'll always be able to stash your luggage on free chairs next to you or, if it's busy, in the aisle.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

Avoid trying to travel by bus from Luxembourg city/gare to Remich during the evening rush hour, or from Remich to Luxembourg city/gare during the morning rush hour. The buses will be heaving with regular passengers and the driver may well refuse to allow you to board with luggage.

Syracuse, New York
12 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

Thank you for responding. I sent an email to the bus company to ask for more information and I was advised to catch the bus to Remich at the JFK stop. How sound is this advise?

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Luxembourg to Remich

Whereabouts in Luxembourg city are you starting out from, and on which day of the week and at what time?

What number bus route is the advice for, there is more than one route between Luxembourg city and Remich, and did you mean FD Roosevelt (where bus 160 starts) rather than JFK?

Reply to: Luxembourg to Remich
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Remich
Recent Conversations
More Remich Topics