We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis or private car in Remich

Which Remich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
taxis or private car in Remich

Four of us are disembarking off the AmaLegro on September 5th and wanted to get a taxi or car to take us on a short tour of Luxembourg before dropping us at the train station. I know there is a bus, but I can't seem to find out about taxis or someone to do a tour as part of our transfer. We are not on the land tour with AMA so if they made an exception to add us to the tour/transfer with the group taking the train to Paris, they want $100 each! Any ideas?

4 replies to this topic
Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis or private car in Remich

It is about 22 km to the city, which would cost you about 60-70 euro (rough estimate). By bus, it will cost only 1,50 per person.

This is the only taxi company in Remich I can find:

editus.lu/ed/fr/taxis-musel-taxis-ambulances…

Alternatively, you could try calling one of the taxi companies in Luxembourg city.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis or private car in Remich

Thanks,

the reason I was looking for a taxi is that there are 4 of us with 3 weeks worth of luggage so we thought maybe we could get a taxi to take us touring too as well as the transport. If we take the bus I don't know how difficult luggage would be and I do know there is storage at the train station, but then we would still need a taxi to take us from the train station touring around as it looks too far to walk much. Or maybe what we want to see? is close enough that the could get a taxi to take us past the famous Patton burial/cemetary and then drop us in town - we walk around and then get a taxi back? What do you think?

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis or private car in Remich

Station to center is walkable, about 10-20 minutes depending on the route. Station or centre to the American cemetery is not walkable (over 5 km). It is about 15 minutes walk from the closest bus stop to the American cemetery. Apart from the American cemetery, all places of interest for tourists are on walking distance.

How many hours do you have in Luxembourg?

You mention that you take a taxi back (to Remich?), does that mean that your cruise does not end in Remich? Why can't you leave your luggage on the ship then? Sorry if I'm confused.

Not sure how much a taxi would charge for waiting for you at the cemetery. Might be quite a lot, taxis are expensive here.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis or private car in Remich

Sorry for the confusion and I really appreciate your advice.

We (4 of us) get off the AMA cruise in Remich and are taking an overnight train from Metz to Munich that leaves at 11:30 pm so my plan was to get off the ship at 9 am or so - taxi /tour Luxembourg ending at the train station to catch either the 1:28 pm or 3:55 pm train to Metz, see Metz, have dinner and then back to the train station to catch our overnight train to Munich. I understand there are no storage facilities at Metz for luggage so I was planning on walking across the street to the nearest hotel and paying a porter to hold it for us and collecting later. Not sure how much time we need in Luxembourg and whether the time is better spent there or in Metz, but the cruise tour people that are going on to Paris supposedly get a bus ride past the cemetary and then a walking tour of Luxembourg before boarding the 1:28 pm train.

Does that clarify it more?

Roz

Reply to: taxis or private car in Remich
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Remich
Recent Conversations
More Remich Topics