We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morzine to Avoriaz by Skis/Lift

UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Morzine to Avoriaz by Skis/Lift

We're going to Morzine next Feb and having just picked up a piste map I can't see that its definitely possible to get to Avoriaz without using road transport. The Super-Morzine lift seems to connect to Zore and Baron, but do these connect with Seraussaix, or are you only able to use these lifts lifts in the Avoriaz-Morzine direction?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morzine to Avoriaz by Skis/Lift

Hi Cdjmd

Yes, you can get from Avoriaz to Morzine using the ski lifts.

We went to Morzine in March this year, and I cannot read the piste map to save my life!!! It's really confusing to tell what's uphill and what's downhill, but once you are on the slopes, it's dead easy. From the Super Morzine lift, It was only three or four lifts and short runs to get over to the Avoriaz pistes. We only did that trip once because we wereina chalet half way between Morzine and Avoriaz, so we took the bus most days.

If you want more info, I'll get my husband to post a detailed route!

Angela.

Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morzine to Avoriaz by Skis/Lift

HI! This has nothing to do with the original question, but seeing that maybe someone could answer my question about the area, I thought I would ask. We have small children, does Morzine have good baby slopes? Is it better to stay in Morzine or to ski in Avoriaz?

Halifax, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morzine to Avoriaz by Skis/Lift

Yes - you can get up to Avoriaz from Morzine, either by the Super Morzine lift or from Les Prodains using the telecabine or the less busy chair lift. Sorry, but I'm not sure about the baby slopes however, the Portes du Soleil has a great reputation for learners simply because the area offers something for everyone. To stay in Avoriaz or Morzine - think that's a personal choice, but I prefer the real village atmosphere of Morzine and the accessibility to the wider Portes du Soleil area. That said, Avoriaz is pleasant and I think probably offers a lot for families with the added advantages of door step skiing and and no cars.

4. Re: Morzine to Avoriaz by Skis/Lift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 11:22