We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morz-express

Which Morzine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels, Belgium
1 post
Save Topic
Morz-express

I had a transfer booked with this company. My flight was late and I failed to call them as I had not read the small print. I wrongly assumed that like all other transfer people I have used they would refer to all the flight information that is readily available to them to see when arrivals are due and schedule appropriately.

I arrived before the next scheduled bus was due to leave but it had already left and it was not full.

They said they had tried to call me - however this was during the time I was actually on the flight....it doesn't take a rocket scientist....!

I was eventually sorted out with a transfer with another company "Rolling Rock" who were great, however I did have to pay again, it would have been an act of goodwill had morz-express transfered the payment to them.

I found the manager of Morzexpress rude and unhelpful towards me - in my opinion...... I will never use this company again or recommend them to anyone.

Customer wellbeing and service does not seem to be in their company strategy if they have one. The manager seemed to be unfazed about stranding me late at night in Geneva by myself (I am female), it was only the kindness of one of the employees that helped me get another company.

I asked about their reputation generally in Morzine and it is definitely lowcost and minimal service - you have to stand outside in the cold waiting for them to pick you up - they don't ring your door bell or text you that they are outside.......according to reports of other users!

I am glad that for my return journey I paid an extra 10 euro but it was very smooth and friendly.

Hope that helps users of this site make an informed choice.

54 replies to this topic
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Morz-express

My friend and I booked a Morzine express return transfer from Geneva last month, what a shocker. The trip from the airport to Morzine was fine. However, the return journey was a disaster, they didn't even pick us up!! When we showed up at the agreed pick up point at 17.45 (15 minutes prior to our departure time) they had gone. They'd left us high and dry and in serious risk of missing our flight home.

When we called them they told us we should have arrived at 17.25, so we could be picked up anytime between 17.25 and 18.00! Obviously this came as a bit of a surprise seeing as we were told very clearly by our outbound driver a week earlier, to arrive at the pick up point 15 minutes prior to departure, which we did!

The person on the phone was extremely unhelpful and basically told us it was our fault for not checking the small print on our ticket! When we read it we did indeed discover we needed to be there half an hour before departure and not 15 minutes before, as THEIR driver told us to be. They told us they'd tried to ring us but it had gone straight to answer phone. My friend's phone had indeed run out of battery, but I would hardly see this as grounds for leaving us in the lurch, especially seeing as they couldn't even be bothered to wait around past 17.45 (a full 15 minutes before the time we were due to leave!)

When we asked for a refund we were sent an unapologetic email which pointed out that if we were to complain on a forum such as this one and made any defamatory comments they reserve the right to take legal action!!! Unbelievable! We had to go to another company Skiidy Gonzales who very kindly ferried us out to a transfer that had already left town. If they hadn't have done this we'd have been totally screwed.

Needless to say I don't recommend the morzine expresss, the whole incident left a very very sour taste in the mouth after what was a truly great holiday. Thank you to Skiidy Gonzales who saved the day, they cost more money ultimately but at least they got us to the airport!

Les Houches, France
1 post
Save Reply
42. Re: Morz-express

Hi,

I would like to respond to the complaint from rhysdurham, this booking was made in the name of Laura Harvey, the booking was made online on our fully automated booking system. Once you have entered a flight departure time it shows all available transfers before this flight time, it is then up to the customer to book the relevant transfer (remembering of course that most airline ask you to arrive at least 2 hours before departure).

Once the booking has been made you are sent your ticket to the email address given, I have attached a copy of the ticket below to show how clear the instructions are, it also clearly states the departure time and also the collection time, all of this important information is in red so that it stands out.

In the case of this booking, the collection time is clearly given as 17.25 - 17.55 (this 30 minute period is the time that all passengers are collected in resort before departing the resort at 18.00. It also clearly says "Be ready and waiting outside at 17.25"

Our vehicle arrived at Morzine Tourist Office at 17.20, at 17.25 he called the office to say that the passengers were not there, our office then called the telephone number (provided by the customer during the booking process), the call was not answered and an answerphone message was left saying that the bus would have to depart soon as it had other passengers to collect. (the customer admits that the telephone battery was out and that they were unable to take calls, although at no time did they contact our office to provide other contact details)

The controller on duty decided at 17.40 that the bus would have to depart to collect the other passengers to ensure an on time departure. All other passengers were collected and transfered to the airport ON TIME.

We operate a bus service, our service is not a private hire (hence why the prices are much cheaper), we operate to a bus timetable.

Please find below the ticket provided to the customer:

Lead Passenger Name

Laura Harvey

Ticket Type

Saver

Flight Information

easy jet

Additional Information

2 Passengers

2 Bag(s)

Booking Total € 52.18

Morzine to Geneva

March 07 2014 at 1800

Pick Up Details

Morzine (Custom)

Morzine TouristOffice

Collection Time: 1725-1755 hrs

Be ready and waiting outside at 1725 hours

YOU MUST BE READY AND WAITING OUTSIDE AT THE START OF THE COLLECTION PERIOD.

If you are not there, ready to board the vehicle, when our minibus arrives, WE WILL NOT WAIT, out of courtesy to the other passengers.

Emergency contact number: xxxxxxxx

You have been allocated a 30 minute pick up window. During this 30 minute period your transfer vehicle will also be collecting passengers on the same departure from other addresses, so may arrive to collect you ANYTIME within this 30 minute period. You MUST ensure you are ready and waiting outside your accommodation or chosen pick-up point at the START of the 30 minute pick-up window. Failure to do so may result in you missing your transfer as our vehicle may be unable to wait. Please note that missed transfers / cancellations / no-shows are non-refundable. In case of emergency, or ONLY after the expiry of the 30 minute pick-up window, please call xxxxxxxx

At no point does it say to arrive at 17.45 ?????

I also feel that unlike the customer is saying the information is in BOLD type and in RED, so I do not understand as to why they are saying that they did not read the "small print" ??

The customer then emailed our office asking for a refund, this was refused as the above clear information was given, we were then told that post would be made on various forums, inc tripadvisor as we would not refund them for their mistake.

The customer also says that our driver told them to wait 15 minutes before collection time, this would have been 17.10 ???

Edited: 06 April 2014, 07:40
43. Re: Morz-express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 September 2015, 15:38

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
44. Re: Morz-express

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

A companY just interested in short term gain as apposed to developing a long term loyal customer base

UNETCHICAL AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

Use a more reputable company

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Morz-express

AVOID

My friend and I were told to wait for pickup between 14.55 - 15.25 on Saturday (7 March) from Morzine to Geneva.

The driver showed up at 16.05, with empty van and still 10 more people to collect from outer Morzine and inner Les Gets. In fact he then spent the next 10 minutes going into the centre of town to fill his van with petrol before he had even made the second passenger pickup.

None of the 12 passengers on board were called in advance by Morzexpress to alert us of the delay (even though the company had told the driver they would do this). Morzexpress would not answer the emergency phone number as we stood in the cold street for over an hour.

And because of Morzexpress's late pickup, over half of the bus passengers missed our flights. I can't comment for all of their situations, but my own situation was that I was outside my Morzine hotel at 14.55hrs and Morzexpress managed to make me miss an 18.50hrs flight from Geneva.

That is not my fault.

I have had to spend an additional €168 on a new flight + £10 transfer as a result of this experience.

I emailed them on Saturday evening to see if they would respond to my situation. It's Wednesday evening now, no response, and that tells you all you need to know about this company.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
71 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Morz-express

Having needed to delay my trip by a day and so miss sharing the rental car with my colleagues, I booked a one way shuttle to Morzine, and they accepted the booking plus sent a confirmation.

My flight actually landed early, and the (very polite) girl at the Chamexpress desk said the driver was delayed but on his way, so come back in 15 minutes. Anyway, repeat the same exercise several times, and it was blindingly obvious there was no 21:45 shuttle coming, and I was merely put back onto the next one at 22:45.

The reason they don't admit that upfront and simply lie is that you could then book with a different shuttle company and avoid waiting around in the airport for 90 minutes. In fact even if they had been honest and said it was cancelled I could have gone and sat in the comfortable restaurant and had a decent (ish) dinner instead of milling around the arrivals hall.

Very cynical treatment of customers.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Morz-express

Any chance of a reply to my complaint re my wife's transfer Geneva to Morzine Monday 19 Jan ? Sent 3 emails and keep getting told will reply in 30 days!

Nantes, France
2 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Morz-express

I WON'T USE THIS COMPANY IN THE FUTURE

I've traveled with Morzexpress Friday afternoon with one of my friend and I wanted to tell everyone how bad their service was.

First, my plane was one hour and a half late and although I had this issue once or twice over the 10 past years, they always kindly found a solution to put me in the next shuttle. This year they made me pay an extra 30 euros/pax to get in the next one.

But if this issue was the only one I would not even be mad ! They were supposed to send me a "confirmation we missed our shuttle" to send to my airplane company. It's been 10 days now and still no e-mail. Yep ! But that's not finish...

We got in the next shuttle with our driver who turned around in Geneva for an hour and a half before looking at us in the back, smiling, saying that he didn't know the route to go to Morzine. My friend had to go on the front seat to explained him the route for Morzine. Actually, it was not enough for our DRIVER not knowing the route (you know the guy supposed to know how to put you from a point A to B as you are paying 30 euros/pax, TWICE, to do so) because it was his first day driving the shuttle, apparently it was also his first day driving ever... I am happy we haven't been hit by another car as he was unable to keep going straight forward.

So I've sent an email to complain and guess what : after ten days, still no news from this bad company. On the way back, I took Alpybus : I've received a text the day before, someone call me to propose a better journey and the driver knew the route !

En français dans le texte pour mes compatriotes :

POURQUOI JE NE PRENDRAIS PLUS JAMAIS CETTE NAVETTE

J'ai pris la navette vendredi dernier (20/12) avec un de mes amis et je voulais vous dire à quel point le service de cette entreprise est horrible.

Tout d'abord mon avion a eu une heure de retard et bien qu'au cours des 10 dernières années cela m'était arrivé une ou deux fois et ils trouvaient gentiment une solution, cette année nous avons du repayer 30 euros chacun pour prendre la suivante (soit un total de 60 euros pour faire Genève - Morzine + cher que mon Nantes - Genève en avion !).

Mais soit, si c'était le seul problème, je me serais juste dit qu'ils avaient des conditions tarifaires dures. Ils étaient supposés m'envoyer une "confirmation que nous avions manqué notre navette" pour envoyer à Easyjet dans le but de se faire rembourser. Cela fait maintenant 10 jours et je n'ai toujours pas reçu la moindre confirmation. Oui oui 10 jours, mais le cauchemar ne s'arrête pas là.

Donc nous avons finalement pris la navette suivante. Après une heure et demi à tourner en rond dans Genève, notre chauffeur s'est retourné vers ses passagers, avec un grand sourire, en nous disant qu'il ne connaissait pas la route pour aller à Morzine. Mon ami a du s'installer à l'avant et utiliser sa 3G à l'international (merci le prix du Mo) pour lui indiquer la route. Mais comme ce n'était pas suffisant, pour notre chauffeur (oui celui qui est censé savoir aller d'un point A à un point B vu que l'on paye 30 euros 2X pour ça) qui ne connaissait pas la route car c'était son premier jour (merci la formation) c'était également son premier jour de conduite car il était incapable de maintenir le cap et rester sur la route au vu des lignes mordus et des frayeurs face à sa conduite de route.

J'ai donc envoyé un email à Morzexpress pour me plaindre et après 10 jours je n'ai toujours pas de nouvelles de cette compagnie de malheur. Au retour j'ai pris Alpybus et là c'était autre chose, un texto la veille au soir pour confirmer l'horaire exacte, quelqu'un qui m'appelle pour m'indiquer un meilleur horaire par rapport à mon avion et en plus le chauffeur connaissait la route !

New Glasgow, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
49. Re: Morz-express

This company's professional and impressive looking web site offers a "standard" and "flexifare" option which are much more expensive than the economy "saver" fare. The web site reassures you that if your flight is delayed they will endevour to get you to your destination if you pay for these more expensive options.

What their site should say is that they have absolutely no intention of honoring these contracts, they couldn't care less about you if you are late, they will almost certainly have no buses as they only have a limited fleet and their staff will be unhelpful and near abusive basically blaming you, the customer.

My party, which included young children, were left stranded in Geneva airport late at night.

During my e-mail discourse with them they had no concept whatsoever, probably deliberately, that the whole reason you pay for the higher fares in the peace of mind that you wont be stranded.

They have no concept of the duty of care they have to the passenger. They are, in my opinion a bunch of shysters.

On no account use this company

Chard, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Morz-express

It is impossible to recommend this company as they do not answer any of their published phone numbers, including the emergency number, and do not reply to any emails once you have booked with them. I tried contacting them throughout the morning of Tuesday 26th January, which in relative terms to transfer days, is a fairly quiet day, but none of my calls were answered. Email produces no replies at all. I did not actually have a problem with the driver, journey, or pick up, but as I say they are impossible to contact. Take your business to another company even if they charge a bit more. They cannot be any worse than this company for communication.

Reply to: Morz-express
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Morzine