We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

peters in late November

Which Pereta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Isle, Vermont
Level Contributor
9 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
peters in late November

My wife and I are considering renting a house near Pereta in late Nov. does anyone have a sense of restaurants nearby. We are also wondering about local sights as well as travel to Florence, Sienna, etc.

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,909 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: peters in late November

I have not visited Pereta, so I am going by maps and general knowledge of Tuscany.

Pereta is remote and quite small: have a look at it on maps.google.com . It is not in an area that attracts many tourists, particularly in November. Google Maps shows three restaurants, but maybe don't expect much English - spoken or on the menus.

The roads to Siena go through mountains and would be slow to drive. It would take you at least 2 hours to get to Siena.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: peters in late November

Pereto is remote. It would be an effort to drive to Sienna and back in a day and Florence in a day wouldn't be practical. You would definitely be in Tuscany as it was 50 years ago which might or might not be what you want. I guess you'll need the fire going every day to stay warm. IMHO the whole of SW Tuscany is under-rated as a place to visit but it's definitely for second-time visitors who've already done all the art cities and want to see a different world.

Grand Isle, Vermont
Level Contributor
9 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: peters in late November

Thanks--this is of course extremely helpful. We appreciate it. We will now choose between Panzano and Todi. If you have any thoughts on those...

Apparently too many wonderful places.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: peters in late November

Panzano lies exactly midway between Sienna and Florence. You'd need to drive the Sienna but there's a comfortable bus to Florence.

Reply to: peters in late November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pereta
Recent Conversations