We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes - FAO TA Dan

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Changes - FAO TA Dan

TA Dan

I agree perhaps making it easier to find (I know I thought why call it MLV to begin with) however agree with other posts on MLV that could they not have renamed the MLV and started a new MLV one which has everything non disney related. I woudl expect anyone who was going to DLP to post in the DLP one wether it be about acutal disney parks or not - surely MLV gets a lot of trade from DLP guest - so would welcome them getting their info at the same time?

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

okay - so why with this post is it showing in different forum areas, one minute I am in DLP forum (new one) and then another forum stinne? if having a new one is not confusing enough- where is it sitting???????? ;-( I is very confused!!!!!

(Can you tell changes confuse me lots!!!)

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,226 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

manama, I have sent about four PM's to TA Dan asking why I had no message from TA that they were going to do this - I think the should at least have warned the DE of the forum. To suddenly find one's forum suddenly changed is a bit of a shock to say the least.

We need the TQ's and previous topic threads on the DLP forum - not start again from a blank canvas, or I will have to keep going back to the MLV forum to look for things.

It would have been much simpler to change the name from MLV forum to DLP forum, so no need to move TQs or previous threads, and start a brand new one for MLV so that can start from scratch. Not the other way round like they have done.

So far I have no messages from Dan or anyone from TA about this.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,042 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

To TA Dan - you need to act urgently (ie today) to stop a lot of confusion / chaos that is going to arise with the MLV & DLP forum change that TA has suddenly made.

Simply by renaming MLV forum as DLP forum and then creating a new (empty) MLV forum, TA will avoid hassle / wasted time for everyone. IMO it makes so much sense to do that.

Edited: 27 April 2011, 12:51
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,226 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

I have sent an email to TA forum support asking if they can do something about this - either move everything over to the new DLP forum ( which would be mad IMO ) or start a new one for MLV instead ( far more sensible, as nothing to move really ).

I have not had a reply yet.

I don't want this to end up in chaos as has happened on other forums when TA have suddenly split them without warning.

I think the two forums will end up running side by side anyway, as people wanting to know about accommodation, shopping etc outside Disney resort will still ask this on the DLP forum with other questions about parks, rides etc.

I don't really want to have to keep checking two forums, but this may end up being the case.

I also don't really want to answer some questions, then tell the OP to ask any others on the MLV forum as outside resort.

Park hopping is one thing, but forum hopping is another!!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,216 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

What we really do NOT need among the French forums is more forums. The problem is that we will most likely find those who post the same question in a multitude of forums: Paris, France, MLV, and DLP. When this happens, answers become duplicated and scattered and lose any cohesive resolution process.

There are many of us who follow all of the French forums and there are really already too many of them. Does this really add clarity or just confusion?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,275 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

I think it will *eventually* clarify things -- we have far too many posters already who post their DLP questions in the Paris forum because they know DLP is somewhere near Paris, but it's a little too obscure to figure out that DLP falls under MLV at the moment.

The biggest error was when the forum was originally set up -- MLV is NOT a town, or a village, or an administrative district -- it's just a confederation of 26 towns that just happen to lie somewhat near disney.

So I see it that they're trying to correct that fact by setting up a DLP forum..I cannot imagine why it would be inappropriate to post information about hotels in Serris or Magny-le-Hongre or Noisy-le-Grand if the primary reason for the whole trip is to go to the parks.

Now...if someone were talking about playing golf at Bussy-St-Georges, or the Arcades mall at Noisy le Grand and NOT connected with a visit to the parks, then it would go under MLV.

But the reality is that the overwhelming majority of folks on the MLV forum couldn't care less whether there are interesting things to see and do outside the front gates and away from the Val d'Europe shopping center....so while I understand that it gives posters clear direction going forward where to post their DLP questions, I don't foresee even a small change in the makeup of the questions themselves.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,226 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

I do agree with you Sunny, even though it would be nice for you if more people asked about other places to visit in the surrounding area. I guess that most are only there for a short stay, so need that time for the parks, or maybe a day trip to Paris as well.

Also the majority of people seem to fly or use the Eurostar, so exploring areas away from Disney would presumably really need a car, or arranging a hired one. ( where can you hire a car from Sunny?? ).

OMG - golf course at Bussy?? Don't let my DH hear that. That is the first I have heard of it. He enjoys the parks, but would rather be on a golf course given the chance.

If the Disney forum is actually called the Disneyland Paris forum, then it is certainly easier for people to find it - both on TA and also using Google, so I do agree and welcome this change.

I just wish they could change the forum title so we can keep everything, rather than having to begin from scratch again,leaving all our history and TQs on the MLV forum. Then set up a new forum for MLV - Sunny , do you fancy being DE for that? I can nominate you if you like.....

Edited: 27 April 2011, 14:17
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,226 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

Sarastro, I do regularly check the Paris forum for any DLP questions, and post them the link for our forum. Some of the regular Paris posters are helpful and will also tell people where to find us.

But it doesn't help if Paris forum people try to answer the questions themselves, having been some years ago, and give wrong info because things have changed.

Or some even try to put the OP off going, telling them it is not worth it, and they should stay in Paris.

That is out of order IMO. I would not dream of telling our posters that they should not bother visiting Paris because they will have plenty to do in Disneyland.

DLP is always going to be a major attraction, so having a forum titled this is a very good idea IMO. Just not a brand new one!!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion. We created the new Disneyland Paris destination earlier this week, and I posted my welcome post in order to create the forum; to be honest I didn't expect people to discover the new forum so quickly :-)

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions, and I'll discuss the DLP/MLV forums further with our content editors. For now, though, I just want to clarify that the DLP forum acts as a "child" forum to MLV: posts in the DLP forum will also show up on the MLV forum, so if you're monitoring the MLV forum already you won't miss posts in the DLP forum.

Thanks,

Dan

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,275 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changes - FAO TA Dan

The "child" forum setup is a great way to structure it. Then *everything* shows up in MLV, but the DLP threads are then filed together.