We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back

Longford, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back

Hi all we r just back from our trip to dlp and have to say we had a ball we went last monday and got back late last night had 4 days in the park and 1 day in paris and the last day relaxing in vallage. i wil post my review later when i have unpacked all the bags and find the book i worte into!!!! but on the hole. found everyone very nice and helpful and the cast members were great with my 2 daughters when they has the princess outfits on them. the castle is nearly down and is clear to c when u walk in. have to say i was a bit disapointed when i heard that it was covers but all was well when we got there.the park was quite for the 1st 3 days we were there most rides only had 5 - 10 min wait so very good got all the big rides done on the 1st day. loved then all but would not go back on space montain 2 !!! defo the scariest ride for us. only 2 of our kids could ride on it and no one would go back on it with their dad who had baby swap!!!. kids loved the stuoido best rock and roll coaster was the best and the baby loved the sliky dog ride think he went on it 4 or 5 times. any wil post my full report later in the week

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back

Glad to see you had a good time. Many go in July and August when it is very hot and packed with people and never ending queues.

Denmark
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back

I am so glad to read your report as I just sent my husband and stepdaughter to Santa Fe this morning and had begun getting worried because of many bad reports from the park.

Thanks for making my worries go away!

"Mom" from Denmark

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back

Can't wait to read about your trip mumgoingmad !

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back

Thanks for posting - look forward to reading your TR when you have time.

Glad to hear that you had a great time. Once on Space Mountain is enough for me as well - I find the ride too rattly now, and it gives me a headache. It desperately needs a refurb with new head padding IMO.

kaneda - I am one of those people who often goes in July or August ( for 19 years ) and although it can indeed be very busy sometimes ( depending on which week you go ) we also find it a wonderful time to go with fireworks and Fantillusion electrical parade every night, rides open until 11pm, ( last entry to queue line ) giving us 15 - 16 hours in the parks. They also have shows that are not on all year round ( like Winnie The Pooh and Friends show, and in the Chapparal Theatre.)

The Village is very lively until 1am, as the shops and restaurants stay open later, and there are bands or entertainers there. It has quite a party / holiday atmosphere that you don't find at other times.

My boys always liked to go back to our Disney hotel after lunch for a swim in the outdoor / indoor pools, then go back into the park around 6pm for another 5 - 6 hours. You can't do this at other times of the year.

It has not always been hot though - sometimes we have been in shorts and vest tops at night, sitting on the kerb waiting for the electrical parade to begin at 10.30pm, and we forget that we are in DLP and not WDW Florida.

But we have also had cloudy days, wet days, hazy days, and quite windy chilly days!

Last August we left DLP to catch the train to Paris one morning and it was pouring, and quite cold. By the time we got to Paris the sun was shining, and we had glorious sunny weather all day. When we got back to DLP at around 9pm it had been pouring all day, and only just stopped.

Likewise we have had mild and sunny December trips, and bl**dy freezing ones!!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back

Dane40 - what bad reports have you read? Read some of our TRs in the Trip Report sticky at the top of the topics list on the MLV forum page. ( our previous forum for DLP before TA set up this one ).

Most people have a great time there.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k3…

6. Re: Just Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 07:19