We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi in Disney hotels

Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi in Disney hotels

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knew if hotel Cheyenne has wifi? If so what the charges are and if the signal is ok for apps like Skype?

We are sadly having to go to Disney without DH and we want to stay in touch daily with updates from the kids using Skype.

Has anyone used Skype over there and can offer some advice where is best if not available in the hotel.

Thanks

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

From reading recent reports, your best bet is probably McD's in the village for free wifi.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

The Newport Bay and New York hotels both have large conference centres, so WiFi will be available there for a fee. You walk past the New York if you walk to the parks from the Cheyenne, so call in and ask there - the Concierge Desk is on the left just inside the doors as you enter the rear of the hotel from the lake.

You can't miss the New York - it looks like skyscrapers!

Some of the Associated hotels have free WiFi but you would have to catch the free shuttle bus to them or have a long walk! This may only be for hotel guests if they are given a code.

Check with McDonalds in the Village as well, as caspdex says.

The New York has payable WiFi access points acording to this website.

disneylandparisoffers.com/Disney-Hotels/…

The Explorers Hotel says free WiFi access.

http://www.explorershotels.com/us/home.php

Dream Castle and Magic Circus hotels have WiFi for a charge.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

There is a Costa Coffee in the Village so worth asking there, and also the Sports Bar nearby.

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

Starbucks isn't it Figgy?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

Sorry Ruthie, silly me - you are quite right. It is Starbucks, not Costa Coffee. Senior Moment!

I think someone mentioned once that they got wifi there, but I could be wrong.

Starbucks is open from 8am to midnight or sometimes 1am. It is inbetween The Steakhouse and Billy Bob's,not far from McDonalds which is set further back from the main strip.

Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

Thanks for the info,

Got back from our visit last week and we used the wifi in Starbucks, which was a good speed and we had no probes connecting.

I hope the budget Disney hotels plan to install wifi as it would have been ideal to use in the room, even if having to pay.

I shall keep my fingers crossed Disney may decide to do this before my next visit in 2012 as we really enjoy staying at the Cheyenne.

Though could be swayed to the sequoia lodge if not.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

Thanks very much for the info about wifi in Starbucks - assume they did not charge you for this?

At present the Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Davy Crockett Ranch have wired internet but not Wifi. The other four Disney owned hotels have Wifi for a charge as well as wired internet.

The 7 Associated hotels including Hotel Elysee and Adagio Aparthotel have free Wifi access but only Radisson Blu and Kyriad have wired internet. ( extra charge ).

I think it is about time that Disney offered free Wifi for guests in their hotels.

Edited: 05 December 2011, 12:44
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

Just to add....even if the hotel has Wifi ( free or otherwise ) there is no guarantee that it will be available in every room - there may only be access in certain locations in the hotel.

Some guests may be able to get a signal in their room, but others may not.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

See this page on DLRPMagic. I can't see when it was posted, but they are usually quite good at keeping their info up to date.

dlrpmagic.com/planning/…

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,371 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wifi in Disney hotels

According to DLRPMagic page, Starbucks is paid wifi, not free.

Did you manage to get this free tallulabelle?