We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

So now that the time is almost here I wanted to get some opinions on what day to do what.

We will be arriving at CDG January 14th.

We leave on teh 17th around 10:00am.

so we basically have

14th - half day

15th - all day

16th - all day

We would like to see all of DLP and Studios but also head into Paris for the day to see the highlights. Either tour or on our own.

Which day would you do the parks and which day into Paris.

Here are the park hours;

14th - DLP open till 9:00pm

HS open till 7:00pm

15th - Sunday

DLP open till 8:00pm with extra magic hours in the morning

HS - open until 7:00pm

16th - Monday

DLP - open till 6:00pm - with extra magic hours in the morning

HS - open till 6:00pm

Thoughts of mine:

at first I thought to go to Paris Sunday as half the day is gone on Saturday and Monday would be less crowded at the parks.

BUT now I see the park is open two hours later on Sunday then Monday....trying to see if that would be bad to miss that 2 hours.

What would you do??

We are staying at NEW YORK..yippeee

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,778 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

Hi,

Weekends are always far more busy in resort than weekdays except for school holidays and National Holidays.

After Christmas Season has ended, the programme will change - some things may only be on at weekends.

I am not a Paris expert, but I think that some museums are closed on Mondays - check this with people on the Paris forum. It depends on what you are planning to see in Paris. Ask about Sundays as well.

Monday will be less busy in the parks so you are likely to get more done, even with the shorter hours. You won't spend as much time queueing for rides as at the weekend.

The weather forecast might make a difference as well.

Keep your options open until you can see the parks programme of events online. That will show you things that may be on at weekends, but not every weekday.

Also check the list of ride / attraction closures in case that makes a difference. This is the current list, but it is never 100% definite as Disney can change things anytime.

It looks like Moteurs Action show will not be on when you are there, and also Tram Tours, which are both time consuming attractions in the Studios.

dlrpmagic.com/calendar/…

What time do you land at CDG on Saturday?

It is easy to catch the RER line A train into Paris from Chessy station, which is only a 5 min walk through the Disney Village from the New York.

There is information about sightseeing and travelling to Paris in the Top Questions lists on both forums.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,778 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

If you went into Paris on Sunday, you could still go into the park for Extra Magic Hours first - the train only takes 40 mins from Chessy to Chatelet Les Halles ( Notre Dame/ Ile St Louis area.

You can catch river cruise sightseeing boats with commentary from the quay near Notre Dame ( Vedettes de Pont Neuf ) or from the quay by Eiffel Tower ( Bateaux Parisiens or Bateaux Mouches.)

See their websites. The cruises last one hour round trip.

For the Eiffel Tower you stay on the train to CDG Etoile station, then catch Metro line 6 to Trocadero ( for fab view ) or Bir Hakeim. If you want to go up the Tower it is best to buy tickets on the Tower website for a set time, to avoid a long queue at the ticket booths.

If you are fit enough to walk up to the 2nd floor the ticket booth for the stairs is usually much shorter, and many people say the view from the 2nd floor is better than the summit. If it is cloudy or hazy you can't see very clearly from the top.

You have to catch 2 lifts from the bottom to the summit, then back down again, which can take some time with queues. With time for photos, drink in cafe, look in shop, etc, you could spend 2 hrs on the Tower.

Edited: 14 December 2011, 04:34
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,778 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

Current parks programme is showing 10th - 16th December.

…disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN/Neutral/Images/…

Mickeys Winter Wonderland skating show may continue for a while after Christmas Season, but may be on reduced days like some other shows.

Last January 7th to 14th after Christmas Season had ended, Mickeys Winter Wonderland show was on Weds to Sundays, so not on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Once Upon A Dream Parade was on daily at 5pm.

The main show on Central Plaza Stage was on 3x daily weekdays and 4x daily weekends.

Stars n Cars Parade in the Studios was on daily at 2.45pm.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

Well, I'm a bit late and assume you are well on your way there but truly, I would never attempt Paris in one day when I am only there for 2 whole days

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

I tend to agree with Keycamp, especially if this your first visit.Perhaps an evening tour of Paris might be an option worth exploring.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,914 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

IMO you're not there for long enough to include a trip to Paris as well as a first-time visit to DLP. The city of Paris is wonderful; do that as a totally separate visit or book more nights at DLP for your next visit.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

Thanks everyone.

Keycamp ..I have not left yet! We don't fly out till Jan 13th.....

Figgy - thanks for the detailed list of what to do and how in paris.

We were thinking of a day tour..then time on our own then a night time tour.

Now I am leaning toward maybe extra magic hours in the park and (but that may be a lot of money for an extra ticket - I need to check)

Then we could go into the city on our own..and then pick up a tour mid day that would go into the night....

I forgot..someone asked when we land..the last person lands at cdg at 1:00. So if we headed to Paris that day...we probably wouldn't get to paris until 3:00 right? realistically....airport to hotel, to train to paris.

Edited: 14 December 2011, 14:00
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

You do realise that park tickets are included, as are EMH. By the sound of it you would have been better of staying in Paris and doing a day trip to DLP, or am i missing something?

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

oh yes..I know all about the EMH..use them all the time at WDW.

I just meant that I didn't remember what tickets I have. I do have 3 night park hoppers..just confirmed. So now taking advantage of the EMH would be good.

The reason we are staying at DLP and not paris is that we know we want to spend more time there.

Everyone that is going are die hard Disney fans and who knows when we will get back there.

This trip to paris/DLP is a precursor to a 9 night trip in Africa.

We know we will not get to see and experience paris the way we need to, but my philosophy is you never know if you will ever get back there.

I was also hearing that you can get thru DLP and HS in a few days. So we are hoping to hit all of it or as much as possible...but if I have to pick and choose it will be whatever is different than Disney World. as I go there almost every year.

(just like restaurants..just looking for what is different!)

Hope that helps

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,778 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which day to do what - DLP and Paris

Hi,

I will be very busy for the next couple of days, but will reply again asap.

Your location is Bedford - I thought you were living in Bedford UK. Are you in America?

How lovely to have a holiday in Africa to look forward to!