We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days to go-last minute questions!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
10 days to go-last minute questions!

Hi Everyone,

Well it's nearly time for our trip and the excitement in our house is unreal! Have been studying this forum for months now and have made our reservations and just want to go now!

Was just wondering about breakfast though. We are staying in the Newport Bay Hotel, Admirals floor, and I was looking at the sticky for advise. Am I right in thinking that you pick your time slot for breakfast at check-in and it doesn't have to be the same time every morning? We won't arrive in the hotel until about 4.30pm and want an early breakfast at least 2 mornings so we can do the EMH. Is there a chance they'd be all gone by then and we'd get stuck with a late time? Can you ring them or e mail them beforehand to pick a time? Also, I read in some trip reports about a hot choice for breakfast if on the Admirals floor, and a different dining area. Is this information out dated?

If anyone has stayed in the Newport Bay can you tell me do all the rooms on the Admirals floor have a lake view or is there a need to request this beforehand? Sorry for all the questions and thanks to everyone, especially Figgygirl for all the help I've gotten here while planning this trip. Will definitely do a trip report when we get back.

Thanks again,

Gill.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Does anyone know how to contact the hotel directly? Checked the website and can't find the phone number. Would an e mail be better I wonder. Want to tell them it's our twins birthday and see if they put balloons in the room or do something special for them .Seems they do this in some hotels. Thanks.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,616 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Hi Waterbabe,

Breakfast time slots are indeed chosen on arrival at checkin. They will ask you what times you want for each morning - they don't have to be the same. They give you a card for each morning which you hand in at the restaurant entrance.

Obviously they only have a certain number of breakfast tickets for each time, so you may find your choice more limited if arriving at 4.30pm. However, if you ask again the next day or on other days, more times may be available, so you can change them.

Guests staying on Admirals Floor did use to have a separate restaurant for breakfast - either the Yacht Club or the Captains Quarters, with no time tickets and hot buffet as well as cold. This seems to have changed since we last stayed on AF in 2009.

AF rooms are more central, on 6th to 8th floors, so you get very good views. They don't all face the lake though. Some are at the front of the hotel, so overlook lawn and gardens with countryside beyond. Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the lake or swimming pools.

If you have not paid for a full lake view, you may be able to get a side view of it without being charged extra, or you may even be lucky and get a free upgrade to lake view room.

One room we like on AF has French doors and a large balcony with a canopy overhead, with views of the lake, Hotel New York, Sequoia Lodge, the Village and the parks in the distance. We can just make out the Castle and have watched the fireworks going off at night over it. We can also see part of the Studios with the Mickey water tower and I think Tower Of Terror. The room is over the indoor pool roof, so you also have views of the outdoor pool to the right.

As it is not a central full facing lake view, I have asked for this room again by letter a few weeks before arriving, and phoned a few days before to see if they received it. They don't allocate rooms until a few days before arrival anyway. We have had this room a few times and not been charged for lake view. AF rooms are the same design as standard rooms but they are slightly bigger. You also have a kettle and teamaking, but they charge for refills so take your own. I also take plastic mugs and proper teaspoon, as one time there were only paper cups, and a plastic teaspoon which melted when I stirred my drink! Maybe that has improved now, as that was when the recession hit, and Disney made large cutbacks all round, including staff numbers, and the hotels pools did not open until 3pm even though it was summer holiday time.

The room number is 6310. People often mention room numbers in reviews.

The hotel may put some balloons or a gift in the room for your twins birthday if you ask nicely, but this has to be done before arrival. You can't email the hotel directly, but you can phone the NBC on 0033 160 45 55 00.

Or send a letter addressed to the Manager, Reservations, Newport Bay Club Hotel, Disneyland Paris Resort, 77777 Marne La Vallee, Cedex 4, France.

Edited: 01 May 2012, 05:30
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,616 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Some rooms are at the sides of each end of the hotel, but these won't be AF rooms, as they are a long walk from the centre of the hotel!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Thanks a million for that fab reply Figgygirl. You are a mind of information on all things Disney. You should definitely be on commission for them!

By the way, when you wrote to them did you write in French or English? My French wouldn't be the best! ,

Presume if I ring they will speak English though. Might ask for that room so, sounds nice. Don't want to pay for a lake view- though wouldn't refuse an upgrade either!

Will bring our own spoons and cups too, I always bring my own teabags on holidays. Hate the tea away. Can't beat the taste of Barrys tea! It's an Irish thing, or maybe specifically a Cork thing! My DH thinks I'm mad!

Thanks again

Gill.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

If you cant get the time you want for breakfast, it worth just going down at the time you fancy anyway, in busy periods they have two queues, one for those in the correct time slot and one for those outside the timeslot, so if you go down anyway you will get in but may have to wait a little while longer.

We've found each time we have stayed there and been later checking in that the early slots tended to be available rather than the later slots, we were happy with this as the earlier the better as far as we are concerned.

If you want a nice peaceful breakfast time, I'd suggest going down before 8am, after that it does tend to get extremely busy.

Have a lovely time

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,616 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Agree with Heredfordshire - the first breakfast slot at 7am is too early for may people, so is usually available. Most popular times seem to be from 7.30 onwards. The first hour of EMH is quieter than the second hour as many people arrive at the park around 8.45 / 0900.

I saw two breakfast queue lines in the Sequoia Lodge in January, with one for people arriving for their correct timeslot, and the other for those who were late or early. There was a sign outside the restaurants.

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157629084435599

I can speak and write French fairly well, but am not fluent. I used Google translate to help me write my letter in French. The hotel reception staff and Manager can certainly speak English well, along with other languages, but I think making the effort is appreciated so may get better results.

I have put some Newport Bay photos on flickr, which include views from our room number 6310.

flickr.com/photos/…

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Thanks for that Figgygirl. Those pictures are lovely. Might try google translate so and see how I get on! A week tomorrow, hope the weather forecast changes! Lots of rain forecast. I'm sure we'll all enjoy it anyway!

Thanks again,

Gill.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,616 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Better link for my photos of Newport Bay -

flickr.com/photos/…

We had a room at the end of the West Wing once, which overlooked general land, but now they have built the Studios these rooms probably have a great view of this park.

Long walk from centre of hotel with reception and restaurants etc though.

Edited: 02 May 2012, 09:18
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,616 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

Gill,

If you look at this photo, see the indoor pool building on the left, and the rooms directly above it. The top one with the canopy is the one we have had a few times, 6310.

flickr.com/photos/…

It is not in the centre of the hotel, but we like the varied view, so that is personal choice.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,616 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 days to go-last minute questions!

I found a map of the Newport Bay hotel, showing the huge Convention Centre there.

disneylandparis-business.com/sites/default/f…

This is a good photo showing the lake, with Newport Bay, Sequoia Lodge main building, and the New York hotels. It shows the huge size of the Newport Bay.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Edited: 02 May 2012, 09:52
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics