We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time going, few questions?

Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time going, few questions?

Someone had said to me, I will need plug adapter as the plugs will be different? Is this right enough?

Also, quite a lot off the reviews i have been reading, says the TV's in the rooms aren't up to much, just for night times? Does anyone know what time the parks close first week in November? Thanks

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
817 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time going, few questions?

Yes, you will need to get a European adapter if you're taking any electrical items.

The TVs are fine, they just don't many channels on offer. Just the Disney channel and news if I remember rightly.

The park hours for November won't be released for a while yet but if you have a look on the DLRP Magic website you should be able to find the hours from last year to give you an idea.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time going, few questions?

If you have a lot of different gadgets to charge, its worth taking a 4 plug extension lead and just one adaptor then you can charge all the gadgets at once rather than having to wait.

The majority of the channels are in French and as previous poster has advised you only have a couple of choices in English, by the time you have been in the parks for most of the day then out in the evening, you may not even want the TV.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,139 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time going, few questions?

Hi,

Agree with H's suggestion as there are sometimes only a few plug sockets that you can use in the rooms. There is one in the sink area/ bathroom in the Disney hotels, usually one in the room entrance hallway, and another in the room if you unplug the lamp, or maybe by the TV unit.

There are a few channels in English in the Disney hotels, but mainly BBC World News, CNN, Disney Channel and the Disney information channel.

If you want to watch films in the evenings, take a portable DVD player and some DVDs with you.

We can't go by last year's park times as we now have Disney Dreams every night, so things are different. As the evenings get darker earlier in November, Dreams can be on much earlier than in spring / summer months, so the extended hours may not apply. It is no good asking Disney, because they won't know yet either.

4. Re: First time going, few questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:42