We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money,

Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spending money,

I have posted a similar post before, but how much does everyone else take with them, for spending? Just on average? We're there for 4 days, on half board, paid for all our park tickets already. Don't have a credit card, and don't want to run out off money, I generally say yes to the kids for (most) things :o) thanks x

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money,

We are going next week. I have given each of my 3 kids 60 euros to spend. Plus taking 500 euros. We too are on hb. I am guessing that should be enough for snacks and lunch before we leave.

Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money,

Thanks, I was thinking roughly the same, my kids will think twice to buying stuff if it means spending their own money :o) x

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money,

I take € 100 per day for myself, which includes money for drinks / snacks / lunch / dinner and souvenir shopping, plus some ' emergency ' money. I also take my bank & credit cards just in case, and sometimes use the Hotel Easy Pass Disney chargecard facility where they debit your card at the end of your stay.

I don't always spend € 100 per day though - depends on how mad I go in the shops!

I also take some small bottles to fill at drinking water fountains in both parks, especially in hot weather.

Edited: 30 May 2012, 20:50
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money,

If taking bank cards, remember to tell your bank you are going to France! You have to do this now, in case they block your card.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money,

We also used to keep our boys' spending money separate in purses or plastic coin bags. Then they could see how much they had left. They had a very generous grandma, so had quite a lot, and DS2 would have spent it all on the first day, so we had to give a daily amount unless they wanted something more expensive.

Edited: 30 May 2012, 20:55
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money,

Yeah I was gonna carry some money and use the hotel charge card thing. Saves carrying heaps off money. My son is very careful with money unlike my daughter she will spend till its gone, (dunno who she gets it from :o))

I didn't realise I had to tell my bank, will look into that, to see how much notice I need to give. Thanks x

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money,

I just tell them when I collect my Euros, a few days before. As long as you tell them , it can be the day before you leave! It just needs to be on their records that you might be using your bank card in France. It is just a way of trying to stop fraud from stolen cards.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money,

Thanks Figgy, We will give our banks a call.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending money,

If you look through our ongoing PRICES thread, that will give you some idea of the cost of things in resort, even if they have gone up slightly since some of the posts.

All additions are very welcome after your trips!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k3…

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending money,

I used to add restaurant menus and prices to that thread, but then DLRPMagic began their menu / prices pages, so saves me having to do this now!

dlrpmagic.com/planning/…

Edited: 31 May 2012, 14:45