We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are restaurant bookings necessary at end of July?

Manchester
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Are restaurant bookings necessary at end of July?

Hi

We have been to DLP a couple of times before, but always out of the holiday season, so never struggled to get a table in our chosen restaurant.

I'm not a huge fan of having to pre-book weeks in advance, and quite like to decide on the day where to eat with the family. We tend to eat earlier, say 5-6pm, so would this be a problem at the end of July?

Thanks

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,620 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are restaurant bookings necessary at end of July?

Hi,

You have to remember that school holidays are very busy, so you will find the parks far more crowded than you have experienced before. With Magic On Parade being at 7pm many people will be wanting to eat from around 5pm so they are finished for the parade. Unless you are prepared to wait some time for a table or chance they are not fully booked, then I would certainly advise making ADRs before you arrive, even for non Character Dining.

It depends where you want to eat really - some restaurants will not open for dinner until 6pm anyway. The ones in the Disneyland Park like Walt's, Blue Lagoon, Silver Spur, and Plaza Gardens buffet are very popular and could well be fully booked if you leave it until the actual day.

You don't pay anything in advance, so not a problem cancelling any ADRs if you change your mind when you are there, but at least you can relax knowing you do have a table booked for each day. I changed a couple of mine at my hotel Concierge Desk when I was there.

Some restaurants like Buzz's Pizza Planet, Annettes Diner and Planet Hollywood cannot be booked in advance anyway.

You would probably get a table much later, say from 10pm ( the Disney hotels and Village restaurants last seating times are around 11pm ) but then you would miss Dreams.

Fast food counter service places in the parks are packed at peak times, so to get a table easily you need to eat as soon as they open for lunch, or after the rush around 3pm - 4pm. After this they will get busy again.

I changed my Blue Lagoon dinner reservation to late lunch at 4pm and it was not very busy with most people finishing their meals. The man in front of me was trying to book dinner, but they were fully booked and this was not school holidays.

You don't have to book weeks ahead - a day or two ahead should be fine for ordinary restaurant, but earlier for Character Dining.

Manchester
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are restaurant bookings necessary at end of July?

Thank you - that is most helpful! I think I will make some reservations a week in advance. Never really considered cancelling or changing once there if needed, so that's good to know.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,620 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are restaurant bookings necessary at end of July?

You may find this thread helpful.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are restaurant bookings necessary at end of July?

Like you we don't always like to plan where we eat, so we do a mixture, there are a few restaurants we always want to eat at and would be really disappointed if we didn't get in so we pre-book these

We always go in main school holiday time (normally August) and from our experience we have never had issues getting into the restaurants of choice.

We book Inventions for the character meal, and last August whilst we were there we were booked for 6.30 when the restaurant opened, they were turning walk-up's away that evening.

Blue Lagoon - we always eat here, we always book, sometimes like last year we booked 60 days in advance, but other years we book earlier on the same day as we want to eat or may be the day before, we have never had issues getting in.

We also tend to book Walts as it seems to get booked up, again normally the day before.

Everywhere else we go as walk up's, including last year we did a walk-up for cowboy cookout character meal at 12pm just after the Tarzan show had finished. I do have to add to this that we tend not to eat during the normal busy eating times, we normally try to time it to eat at 12 for lunch and 5 - 5.30 for dinner so that we can do rides etc when others are eating. This has worked well for us at DLP & WDW. If you do want to eat during the normal busy eating times 12.30 - 1.30 and 6 - 7.30 I would recommend pre-booking everywhere unless you dont mind a wait.

5. Re: Are restaurant bookings necessary at end of July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics