We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy access pass

portsmouth
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Easy access pass

We are due to go to Disney in november and a child travelling with us suffers with seizures, there has been no diagnosis as to what causes them, its mainly when he is tired or in a stressful situation, so one mentioned to my friend she could get a easy access pass for him, I was wondering if someone knows wether the pass covers the party or just the small child plus one adult/carer

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy access pass

Hi micheyt,

The Easy Access Pass officially covers the person plus two carers, but they usually allow immediate family members as well so families are not split up and can ride together. This does not extend to a larger party though.

If the person does not have a Blue Badge, they will need to show medical documentation of proof of disability, and being unable to use a regular queue line. A dated, signed, stamped letter from doctor or consultant is acceptable if dated within 3 months.

This is copied from the Disney Disabilities brochure which can be seen online

• Documents required for Easy Access Pass.

FRENCH NATIONALS: disability card, war

disability card, difficulty standing card,

disabled person’s priority card, European

disabled parking badge or medical

certificate issued less than 3 months ago.

FOREIGNERS: European disabled parking

badge or medical certificate in French or

English issued less than 3 months ago and

signed and stamped by the doctor,

certifying the person’s disability and

stating whether or not they need to be

accompanied by a third party in order to

get around.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy access pass

There are quite a few threads linked in our Top Questions lists on both forum pages about help for guests with disabilities.

If a person suffers from seizures Disney may consider some rides unsuitable as it could be dangerous if they had a seizure during the ride.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy access pass

The Easy Access Pass is obtained from City Hall in Town Square, as you enter the Disneyland Park, or from Studio Services in the Front Courtyard of the Studios Park.

This is City Hall building, on the left side of Town Square, after you have passed underneath Main Street Station at the park entrance.

…staticflickr.com/7122/7440356928_42cb975315…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy access pass

Our experience with the easy access pass was mixed, I could accompany my mum but not my almost two year old. Not sure what I was supposed to do with her while I was on rides, watching parades etc with my mum. Or daughter could go with her but then defeated the object of me being able to help her on and off rides, which she can't easily do, let alone while holding a todler. I asked the cm at city hall repeatedly about the logistics if this and they just shrugged really. As it turned out it was very quiet so wasn't really an issue but put my mum if using it altogether. Others have reported whole families being able to accompany or cm at attractions being flexible so think like with a lot of things pot luck.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 19:02
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy access pass

For parades only one carer is allowed with the disabled person. I actually agree with this as it is very popular & was crowded enough as it is without letting even more people in, they only have limited space. They will stamp your card when you get it to say how many people are allowed on the rides ,also which rides are suitable for your particular disability. We were allowed 3 (including my child). But if there are a lot of people waiting they might only let 1 +1. After all it is to help the one with the pass only. But if quiet they will be more flexible with other family members. The number in the party they allow for consideration is for parents/main carer/ siblings . Not friends etc..

portsmouth
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy access pass

It was also pot luck with us, our pass included me + 'a carer' this didn't make much sense as I was with my partner plus a 4 and 3 year old, my argument to the cm was my partner is my carer and what do they expect me to do with them? A 3 or 4 year old certainly isn't going to come with me as my carer, the only place we had trouble is crush's coaster, but that doesn't matter for our next trip because I thought it was a terrible ride, princess pavillion was a lifesaver, the cm was great, let all four of us in without question and let us choose which princess we wanted, same with other character meet and greets, thunder mountain was a bit funny but then the next day they let us use the EAP then baby switch

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy access pass

I can honestly say during our trip we had not one problem. The pass was for my daughter and they added me , my husband and both boys. We stayed together throughout the whole trip. We didn't see the parade as it was on at dinner time. ( nothing gets in the way of dd's food!)

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy access pass

We have just returned from Disneyland Paris, and found nothing easy about the Easy Access pass! Similar to Micheyt, we were 2 adults with 2 young children, our grandchildren. With a broken foot in a knee high cast and no weight bearing, I had to use a wheelchair and occasionally crutches, and required help from my husband to get to the ride and to board the ride. We were allowed 1 person to accompany me, which in my case clearly had to be an adult. Over the 3 days we were there, we had constant debates with the CMs - some recognised the dilemma, and allowed the children through, however, some did not and this meant that my husband rode with the children whilst I waited - this also disappointed the grandchildren who wanted the share the experience with both of us - simply not possible. When not in earshot of their colleagues, many of the CMs agreed that the system doesn't work for people in our position, but they were obliged to follow the rules.

We provided feedback to City Hall, where the pass was issued, as in our case, the system didn't work, and whilst the grandchildren enjoyed the trip, it wasn't the experience that it could have been.

All this relates to the Easy Access pass, not to be confused with the Disability Access card, for permanently disabled guests, where the pass can cover multiple companions.

Edited: 18 March 2013, 15:59
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy access pass

I think possibly there seems to be a difference in whether the pass is issued for a child or adult. My daughter gets easy access pass as she is unwell and unable to stand for very long. Her pass is for her and upto 4 others. We have annual passes and after proof of her condition from consultants letter and DLA letter we were given annual easy access pass. On the back difficulty standing and walking is ticked. I don't know why there is a difference but all the posts I've read when the family are not all included seem to be when the pass is for an adult. I might be wrong in that though? It doesn't really make sense because of course you all want to go on rides together.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easy access pass

Hi Mazbazz,

Sorry to hear about your injury!

As far as I know there is only one Easy Access/ Disability Pass, which has boxes for ticks relating to the disability. I have not heard that there are separate ones for people with permanent disabilities or for obvious injuries like yours that prevent access to the normal queue line.

I would have thought that if a disabled/injured adult needs assistance from their other half, then children who cannot be left on their own would be allowed to ride as well. Although you gave feedback at City Hall, I would still email or write to Guest Communication/Guest Relations about this.

I hope you still enjoyed your trip, despite this problem.