We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport validity

London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
passport validity

Hey guys going to disney in dec and dd passport runs out in feb. Does anyone know how much time you need left on your passport as I can't find this info anywhere thanks guys x

belfast
Level Contributor
627 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport validity

You will need to check for definite with the passport office of whoever issued the passport (uk, irish ect) in work we have to reccommend passports have at least 6 months on them from the date youe due to come home,

This is only a guideline that most travel agents use but the last word is with immigration. I would phone the passport office tho for peace of mind

Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: passport validity

Hiya I know when we booked through the travel agents,they asked about our passports and I was told I needed 6 months still on from date of departure,not sure if this is the same policy for every travel firm,best off ringing the travel company your flying with or try checking on their website

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: passport validity

It would help if you told people what country you were coming from.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport validity

< Does anyone know how much time you need left on your passport as I can't find this info anywhere >

If you are talking about a UK (or Irish) passport for a visit to France, it just needs to be valid for the time you are there, i.e. at least until the day you leave France.

europa.eu/legislation_summaries/justice_free…

("For stays of less than three months, the only requirement on Union citizens is that they possess a valid identity document or passport")

London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport validity

Oops sorry my bad yeah I'm in England. British passport

I phoned them and they couldnt tell me for some reason just gave me a website which my phone browser(no access to a computer at the moment) won't open!

Thanks for all your help I will probably just renew it to be on the safe side

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport validity

< I will probably just renew it to be on the safe side >

You can renew it if you want but there is no doubt about this. You can travel to France with a British passport as long as it is valid during the time that you are there. There is no problem in travelling to France in December with a passport that does not run out until February.

London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport validity

Ok thanks for your help!!!

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: passport validity

That's why I needed to know where you were from. I went though French immigration (arrival and departure) recently in Calais with my UK passport and had less than a week left on it's validity. It expired very soon after but they still had no issue with it and let me through.

9. Re: passport validity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics