We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

northern ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

HI we are looking to go to DLP from 14th Jan to 17th for my daughters 7 birthday. We have 3 kids a 9 y/old the bday girl and a 2 y/old who would sleep in a cot.

Alot of hotels I have looked at will not quote because of the number of children and disney seems very expensive. Would it be cheaper me booking a hotel and ticket seperately? Can DLP do anything for my DD's Birthdday? Is January a good time to visit?? Alot of questions I know but any help is much appreciated !! :)

Laura

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

Hi,

We have 3 children and like you, our youngest is 2yrs old. We haven't had any problems getting quotes, what websites have you tried?

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

Hi,

We have 3 children and like you, our youngest is 2yrs old. We haven't had any problems getting quotes, what websites have you tried?

I should add.... We usually get our quotes from disneylandparisdirect.com or the official disney website. Our oldest is almost 8 so our children are quite similar in age.

Vilnius
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

Our girls are 9, 4 and 2 years old ( she will be 3 in February), so we are planning our trip during these months to stay last time at Disney hotels.

Because after she turns 3 years old we could stay only at Disneyland Hotel family room that excluded from any kind of sales and is out of our price range. or Santa Fe family rooms that I don't like because of theming.

Next year we plan to stay offsite (probably at Explorers crew rooms) and get annual passes from promoparcs ( they are doing promo right now for every adult pass kids under 7 get the pass for free).

And for our winter vacation I am waiting for Flash Sale as I want to book Disneyland Hotel for the last time and enjoy its atmosphere and proximity to the parks. I could afford DLH prices only at Flash Sales when you get 50 percent off deal usually for 3 days/2nights or 4 days/3nights.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
6,805 Reviews
Chessy, France
Vilnius
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

I just checked disneylandparis.co.uk and it gives me for your dates (14th Jan to 17th) this price - 3 nights/4days in Cheyenne for £425.60.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

Thanks everybody you have been so helpful! I was checking sites like expedia etc because on the 14th we don't arrive until tea time and I wondered if itvwas cheaper just to pay for accomodation and tickets separate.

Level Contributor
440 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

For size of part I'd go for Cheyenne. Has bump beds and you can fit a travel cot. As for prices my only advice is shop around. For birthdays you could always book a character meal and have cake arranged.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,869 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

Tell them exact date of birthday when you book direct with Disney. Remind them again when you check in your hotel. And - for free - when you get back from the parks that birthday (ie after room has been cleaned etc) you will find they've decorated it with balloons. Brilliant.

It can be very cold in January; or quite extreme; or rainy. Been just before Xmas once, lovely lights etc but very coldddddd. You will need to prepare for all those weather risks. Hats, gloves, layers of clothes etc.

Not sure whether this is a help, but worth checking - I've seen other people (that arrive late in the day) book two separate bookings - first night via Expedia (cheaper and no park tickets); all other nights via Disney (includes park tickets and extra benefits of booking direct with Disney). Move hotel, or just move room immediately after breakfast after first night. Seems like hassle to me, but some have saved money via that.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
northern ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

Thanks bubblebubble1 and KWUK - I will look into your very good suggestions!

Level Contributor
440 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

I think the Santa Fe also sleeps 4 and travel cot. As well as the Cheyenne. There the cheaper 2 hotels in Disney resort so you still get the added bonus of extra park hours and a short walks from the parks and the village.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Netherlands
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: what are my options in January 2013 for DLP

@KWUK

We're exactly doing that (separate hotel bookings) for our trip in February. It might be a bit of a hassle, but I think it's worth the money saved.

When we arrive, we'll stay one night at the Adagio in Val d'Europe in a one room apartment (5 people) for 98 euro. After that we'll move to the Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights, where we'll have 2 rooms. An extra night at the Sequoia Lodge would have cost us 346 Euro. So we're saving 248 Euros by doing it this way.

Ofcourse a large part of these savings are due to the fact we need two rooms in Disney and only one at the Adagio, but it never hurts to compare prices to see if it's worth the extra hassle or not.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics