We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you believe this???

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Can you believe this???

Just read this report about wealthy people hiring a disabled tour guide to pose as a family member and bypass the queue lines in DisneyWorld. How despicable can people get!

nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/disney_wor…

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,792 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you believe this???

I read that this week,unbelievable!!There but for the grace of god go all of us.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you believe this???

Shocking what money can buy you......

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you believe this???

That's just sickening. Shame all the money in the world can't buy a sense of decency.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you believe this???

I just can't believe what I'm reading. And if it isn't enough that the sappy (add expletive of choice) stoop low enough to do it, they actually tell the world about it. What an insult.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you believe this???

As a disabled person and a mum of a disabled kid this is not an easy thing to read!

I get enough grief going to the shops and using my blue badge. This is not going to help us genuine visitors to the parks with a genuine need for a priority disabled card.

Grrrrr

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,792 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you believe this???

Here's a further article

…yahoo.com/parenting/disney-world-scheme--en…

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you believe this???

this is disgusting. I cant believe it

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you believe this???

Maybe that is why they are more strict about EAC and PDC passes in DLP, where they only allow one adult to accompany a disabled person. Not up to 6 people like in WDW.

One thing our boys gawped at in WDW and other Orlando parks, were (very overweight) families going round on mobility scooters, bypassing queue lines, taking up space in disabled reserved areas, priority boarding on the parks shuttle buses, but walking into restaurants quite easily to tuck into huge meals.

How would they manage at DLP without their hired scooters??

I found it quite sad, seeing a lovely 3-4 yr old riding on a scooter with very large parent, knowing that before long he would be looking like his oversized brothers and sisters, riding on their scooters.

Edited: 19 May 2013, 11:58
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,372 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you believe this???

First off -- please make sure you all understand that Americans -- all across the American press -- are disgusted by this story, too.

There's also a lot of questioning of veracity of the NY Post article, as it is rife with anecdotes and quotes from anonymous people, but it is singularly lacking in actual fact.

Disney also announced yesterday that they will be taking steps (no details) to eliminate this sort of behaviour, as this is NOT why they have the handicapped access programmes in place.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you believe this???

Hi Sunshine,

No offence intended to your fellow Americans in general! Thanks for the update - good to hear that the WDC are going to do something to stop this. I wonder how long it has been going on?

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics