We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

plymouth uk
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

this will be my 2nd stay at disneyland, the first time it was just me and my wife, we stayed at the santa fe disney hotel in offseason and we got a good deal I cant remember exactly how much it was but it was cheap.

So I was shocked when I saw the prices they now want to stay in the disney hotels.....I know its peak season as its summer but still!......

We are travelling there on the 16th july for 4 days me my wife and our little one.....after seeing the shocking prices of the disney hotels we have chosen to stay at the ibis at val d` europe, it gets good reviews on this site and is only 1 stop along from disney by rail....also it is cheap! £222 roughly for 4 nights in a standard room.

You know how much disney wanted to charge for the same dates staying in the santa fe or cheyanne the two hotels which are meant to be the cheapest?,.........£937.50!

I was shocked! those 2 hotels not even as nice as the ibis as far as rooms go (santa fe is just your basic standard hotel room I assume cheyanne is the same-and to be honest although the ibis is also a standard hotel nothing fancy the rooms still look plusher then the ones we saw on our last stay at santa fe)

Now I know disney park tickets are included.....and seeing as ive just paid for them it would have saved me £256 (gone for the 4 for 3 day hopper passes-2 adults) thats still £459 difference! thats crazy to me! and I dread to think what some of the fancier disney hotels cost.

so yeah anyone think these are just a tad overpriced for what they are? (looking at the map the ibis is not even very much if at all further away from the parks then the santa fe etc....yes we have to get a train but its only 1 stop and its definitly not worth £459 extra to be able to walk there.

why do people pay these prices? are you mad? or just rich? haha

Edited: 11 July 2013, 16:27
plymouth uk
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

just had a look out of interest for our 4 days.

Sequoia lodge is £1086

newport bay is £1134

new york is £1312

and the hotel disney land is £2184!

absolutely crazy pricing, remember this is only 4 days not even a weeks stay! for these kind of prices you could have 2 weeks in florida at disneyworld haha! In fact I dont think we even paid as much as 4 days at the hotel disneyland for our 2 week honeymoon at a plush 4 star raddisan in orlando+the park tickets we bought.

Disney hotels=major major rip off surly? Just dont get why people would pay this kind of money espcially when considering the type of holiday theyre having they will be spending very little time in there hotel room anyway? more money then sense i guess lol

Edited: 11 July 2013, 16:33
Helsinki
Level Contributor
589 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

at what hotel in florida could you stay for 2 weeks? surely not a disney hotel, since a week in a disney hotel (the mermaid block at the value resort) + tickets i priced it for around 2 000 euros for 2 adults + 1 child. never mind the more expensive resorts. and this was pricing it up in early december, the low season!

and then theres the small thing of airline tickets which for the 3 of us from finland would cost around (at the cheapest 2000 euros).

so it would be at least 6000 euros (disney hotel, tickets, food, etc) for a weeks stay! and dont forget, breakfast is not included.

we just returned (early june) from cali, been at disneyland there, 4 nights was it at the cheapest of the 3 disney hotels there, cost us nearly 2500 euros, standard room with park view (without it around 2000 euros), and tickets (no breakfast). 2 adults and a 4 year old.

its expensive, cest la vie. you should consider going in off season again.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

I love the off season prices and if you work it out carefully you can have the majority of your stay in season. For instance, we stayed at the Santa Fe over Easter for six nights, seven days, but because we arrived one day before the Easter holidays began we only paid £570 for the four of us, our Eurostar tickets were £304 as the very cheapest had already gone. So, £880 for a family of four including an onsite hotel, park tickets and return direct Eurostar. Could my family of four go to Florida for £880 all in?

Also, because it was Easter holidays there were no ride closures except Autopia closed on our last day.

February half term next year I have booked the DLH for us all for £770 for four nights, now that's a bargain in my eyes!!!

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

I think a lot of it depends on when you book in all honesty. If you'd booked for the summer months quite some time ago you would have gotten a better deal. We're staying in the Sequoia Lodge at the end of November for Christmas season - we're staying in a Golden Forest room with a lake view for £707.00. 5 day park tickets alone for our little family worked out at £567.00 so you can see that we've actually got quite a bargain for our room and breakfast for 4 nights. Yes it's still expensive and we could have gone to Spain for the week in all honesty BUT my four year old wouldn't find a week there particularly magical or be likely to remember it in years to come ad, to us, that's what a trip to Disney is all about.

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

Even at full high season price, (5 nights at the Santa-Fe with free half-board vouchers and 6 days 2 Park 'hopper' entrance for 2 adults, free (wheelchair accessible) transport to and from the park each day,) I would have spent more each day staying offsite, even if the booked price was cheaper. I don't think you're comparing like for like by not including the current direct-booking offers, and transport/parking to and from the parks. I certainly couldn't have gone to Florida for the money, pricing it up Florida would have cost me the same again for a comparible package.

Just as a note: The 'carer goes free' option open to me in order to get my assistant in to the park would have cost me MORE than the inclusive park entrance over the week. It would also have made my hotel stay more expensive. That's what good value the offers are.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 17:34
St Peter Port...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

I view Disney as a luxury holiday, on whichever continent you stay, so I save for the trip I want. When we go to the US we dont go economy, so for the whole family of seven it costs us around £16k for two weeks. To put this into context it costs us each around £120 return from Guernsey to Gatwick, then a nights staybin Gatwick is easily another £600 for three rooms.

We choose to splash out at DLP at Sequoia Lodge, and stay for the week. Last year, three of us £2500 for the accommodation alone. This was having got a 40 per cent reduction having booked in January. We also have a ferry crossing from Guernsey to contend with, and a nights stay there and back in St Malo, plus travel up to DLP. No luxury like the tunnel for us islanders. That said, it is our choice. We could stay in Bussy St Georges or other places very cheaply, but simply like the convenience of stayng onsite, where you feel the magic all the time. I also understand there are loads of cheap holidays to have in Spain, or Corfu or Turkey, but that sort of thing leaves me without any magic at all. So, yes, the hotels in Disney are pricy, but fun to stay in if you choose.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

I agree with you Kay - we go in December for DD's birthday and it's our end of year splurge. This year 5 nights for the three of us in the Disneyland Hotel is costing approx £1500. Yes it's expensive but DD loves the DLH and it's worth it to see how much she enjoys her treat.

Not mad, not rich, just how we choose to spend the money we've saved.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

We also save up for our trips to Disney. At home, we live quite frugally, eat out in cheapish restaurants and we are lucky to live right next to the beach and spend a lot of time there for free :) I have been saving since Xmas for my super duper amazing birthday trip in October and to be honest, and the few things I have had to sacrifice to save the extra have been worth it :-)) I guess it is all a question of what you chose to spend on. I have friends that live in bigger houses with bigger morgages but who do much less in terms of holidays and days out with the kids then what we do. We chose to live in a smaller house and have more "fun money" to spend :)

london
Level Contributor
390 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

We booked our disney holiday package via the travel agents all for £1700, that's 5days/4nights staying hotel cheyenne in august.

Having joined this forum I have discovered I could of got it a lot cheaper, which I shall do for our next trip!

Everyone knows Disney is expensive but childrens memories are priceless :) I have saved all year for our first trip and we probably will buy stuff we don't need or eat to much, but isn't that the joy of a holiday!

East Sussex
Level Contributor
284 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what do people think of the prices of the disney hotels?....

Amanda v. I totally agree that is how me and dh see it too. Why spend out on things u don't need when u could spend it on having on having fun.

Disney hotels being pricey is a really interesting point to me as I booked for November which is low season my disney hotel package came in so cheap that I never even considered at off site hotels. Perhaps I could have saved even more money but that said I am happy with £421 for 2 adults and 1 child for 5 days 4 nights including hotel, tix and disney express. Might just out of interest price up an off site stay or will I

Make myself regret it?