We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

Glasgow, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

Hi .....

I'm looking to take my small family, 2 adults 1 infant. To Disney Land Paris for a wknd. I first of all checked the Disney land resort but this seemed to be very expensive for just a weekend trip. I was hoping for some suggestions or ideas on what best way to get value for money, and at the same time have great weekend to remember.

Kind Regards Stephen Pacheco

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

When are you planning to go? If your not bothered about when what about going via coach? Places like althams normally have 2 adult 2 children deals for under £500 for 2 nights at santa fe with a 2 day hopper pass

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

If you can avoid going at the weekend , I would. Midweek is usually quieter outwith the summer.We usually fly from Scotland with easyjet to CDG and stay in an aparthotel in Val De Europe. We buy park tickets seperately from a French website(CEM) as they are much cheaper , last time we bought annual passes from them, as they are cheaper than a 3 day pass, and offer discounts on purchases at DLP.

Bury, England...
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

Last time we went we had self catered super tents near the park on a camp and caravan site. We also bought the tickets in an sale. One money saver is to take your own food! :)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

Hi Stephen, when are you thinking of going?

Cheap tickets here

fnactickets.com/recherche/rechercheRapide.do…

Better still http://www.ticketnet.fr/fr/resultat?ipSearch=promo+disney as these are e tickets you can print at home.

You can find cheap off site accommodation somewhere like Val d'Europe (we got seven nights for £430 but its only two star).

Driving is the cheapest way, Eurostar do great prices but you have to be quick as they go up and up and up but they star at £69 return per adult.

Edited: 27 July 2013, 09:41
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

When I was booking recently I found that it was far cheaper not to stay in any of the Disney hotels, even with paying for park tickets. I do not have a car but I'd suggest either the Eurostar or the Eurotunnel, expedia do package deals for hotels / eurostar so that can be quite inexpensive x x

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

I would assume that as you are coming from Scotland, Eurostar is not really an option( I have priced it many times)

uk
Level Contributor
556 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

Hi Stephen

We stayed at park suites prestige val de Europe, £70 a night for a lovely sc apartment ., so you can cut dining costs if you want. Also has a free shuttle to Parcs . We got tickets from promoparcs a French website . Worked perfect and cheap for us .

You could try something like this .

We too live in Scotland , but did this as a three week holiday by ferry, but I think you would be best to fly if it's just a couple of days.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,004 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

Hi

Park & suites prestige do have a shuttle bus but it is in quite an isolated position so not convenient for the shopping mall in val d'europe for food shopping unless you have a car. There are other options offsite in Val DE, bussy saint georges and torcy for people on a tight budget depending on the number of adults and children in the family / group.

Weekends are very busy so you would have to be prepared for long queue lines but better than not going at all!

If you prefer to be closer with regular shuttle buses look at the kyriad or explorers hotels which are cheaper than the Disney owned ones but can still be booked as a package including park tickets.

Friday and Saturday arrivals are the most expensive. The cheapest is usually Sunday.

Can give you some links for offsite accommodation when I'm not on iPhone.

How many days do you plan in the parks? Are you arriving Friday morning, afternoon or evening? Ideally you need at least one full day in each park, especially during peak times. Even then you will have to pick out priority things to do and see, as you cannot do everything in two days. Are you going primarily for your infant? How old are they?

Edited: 28 July 2013, 01:06
9. Re: Wknd to Disney Land Paris without breaking the bank?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics