We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talk to me about pin trading .....

LEEDS
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Talk to me about pin trading .....

I've seen pin trading mentioned a couple of times. What's it all about? Would my 6 year old son enjoy it?

160 replies to this topic
Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

You have to buy the pins single ones or sets with a neck thing to wear them on,all the shops sell them and can then swap with cast members and other people at the park. My dn 1 +2 have some ,each year they get a date one and another pin. Have only swaped once With a cast member tthere is also a swap board in one of the shops in main park but can't remember which one.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 19:02
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,225 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Hi,

We bought our boys some of the cheapest pins which they then swopped with Cast Members for more expensive ones. Some of the CMs pins are special ones though, and they won't trade those.

LEEDS
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Thanks for your replies.

I think he will really enjoy collecting them but I'm not sure how he would get on with trading them. Suppose we can just see how he goes, he could love it!

Hannah. xx

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Have a look on eBay, if you avoid special limited edition ones and postage from outside the UK you can pick up used, good condition ones for a few of pounds.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

My girls are very into pin trading! Have picked up bundles of 25 pins from Ebay for about £13. Then swap with the CM's. CM's have always been lovely with the girls and will always swap pins from their lanyard. Sometimes CM's have their favourite pins on their uniform and these are not swappable. We usually find it best to go into the shops when they're not too busy so CM's have time to swap. I'm sure your son will love it!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Apparently there are hidden Mickey ones, that are only given to cast members so you can only get them by swapping them. They have a small metal Mickey head somewhere on them. It's very addictive!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Apparently there are hidden Mickey ones, that are only given to cast members so you can only get them by swapping them. They have a small metal Mickey head somewhere on them. It's very addictive!!

Good starter ones are the initial ones, you could get your kids initials to start them off x

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

DD wants to start in December but I'm scared we'll get addicted! Between the snowglobes and the pigs our house is groaning ...

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

My DD 11 is a seasoned collector, I dread when she starts a new collection! Pin trading has been good though as she's quite shy and now has to go up and talk to CM's. Downside is they want to stop in every shop numerous times!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

i think its great my DD is shy but Pin trading really got her to talk to CM and she loved it and t every CM swapped apart from 1 at the entrance but it was a moveable slinky probably a limited one .But we found we were going into the shops are staring at the CM lanyards and if there was a pin my DD want we would approach them and they were always so willing and pleasant .

The only time they would refuse (so we were told) is if the CM already had the pin we were offering !

so in october it b new lanyards and more pins but i think its all part of the adventure

hav fun x

Reply to: Talk to me about pin trading .....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted