We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talk to me about pin trading .....

LEEDS
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Talk to me about pin trading .....

I've seen pin trading mentioned a couple of times. What's it all about? Would my 6 year old son enjoy it?

168 replies to this topic
northampton
Level Contributor
658 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

I'm glad you asked this reb s as I've bought a lanyard and many many ( let's not talk about that now....) pins and wondered do I just put them all round the lanyard? Won't it be too heavy??? They are quite a weight. Just wondered what every one else does. Do you go out with all your bling on display or do you just wear a few different ones each time or am I being ridiculous and you don't actually wear it!?!!! Of course I havent been yet. I bought them as the forum talked about them lol

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

My nieces have them from all the dates we have been to disney plus other dates they have got as gifts when other people have gone, they also have other ones. They have put there pins on two lanyards and will wear a different one each day. Wear yours with pride and you can swap the pins each day, I have seen lots of adults wearing them

Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
83. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Have just started reading up about pin trading and have bought lanyards and pins for myself dd and ds. We haven't been yet either but really looking forward to trading in the parks on our upcoming June Trip. I've decided to create a pin board for each of us, like a corked notice board and decorate it with our pins and photos from our trip when we get back. That way on our return trips to dlp we can start afresh and add our keepers to the boards each time.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

They sell trading pin zip bags in shops in the parks for storing pins. That's how I keep my ones that are not in their plastic packaging. But a lot of mine are still in their wrappers in shoeboxes!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Trading Pins released in May 2014

dedicatedtodlp.com/2014/…

Trading Pins released in June 2014.

If anyone is there from the 21st June and can get me the 1 Mois Ratatouille pin I would be very grateful!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Trading Pins released in July

I missed this earlier as I have been very busy and forgot to ask any of our posters if they could manage to get me the Ratatouille opening pin on July 10th or the Tinkerbell 14th July pin released on the 12th.

If anyone does see these pins in Resort I would be very grateful if you could get one for me!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

New pins for August - Buzz 999999, Thunder Mountain, Flying Carpets, Ratatouille, Frozen, Violetta.

Dartford, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
88. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Are the pins Figgy's just posted available to purchase from anywhere else? I won't be going to DLP again until December (hopefully!) and would've loved to have got the Tinkerbell 14th July pin as she's Tinkerbell mad AND the 14th July is her birthday!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Jofar kindly bought me the Tinkerbell 14th July one, but if there are any left in Resort shops when I go in August I will get one for you.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Talk to me about pin trading .....

Or maybe a poster going sooner can have a look if they have time?

Reply to: Talk to me about pin trading .....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted