We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to spend my time in queue

se
Level Contributor
220 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best way to spend my time in queue

I was thinking of using queue time for BTM to feed the kids some snacks as they are super slow eaters& maybe enjoy a drink myself

But I just read on dlrp magic that there is no smoking,food or drinks allowed when queuing! Is this one of those "no non Disney purchased food to be brought into the park" rules or have you heard people being called out on the tannoy about snacks? Thx

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

hi i tjink if the queue is outside then its fine but im not sure im guessing its because of health and safety of people leavinv rubbish lying around. i was on medication last year and seemed to be always taking it with a drink of water in a queue somewhere and nobody said anything to be honest i never really thought about it. we carried the bag around off dd buggy onto rides and i probably gave them drinks too if its hot you cant not drink. it will be interesting to see other posters perspective of this

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

Hiya, I don't actually know about the no eating or drinking in queues! We always do and have never been pulled up about it. We carry a rucksack with our water bottles and snacks so usually have a little drink and do a bit of munching in the queues.

Really really wish they would enforce the no smoking in the queue rule :(.

The best thing to do in a queue is people watch!!

Xxxx

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

haha dylan thats what i do too watch other people :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

Ha ha glad its not just me!!

Xxx

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

We drank all the time in the queues.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

I was always giving my ds snacks last year to distract him in queues, no one ever pulled us on it. I also carried my tablet for him to play on. I heard someone mention they took bubbles for their children to keep busy in outside queues, think I will try this in Oct

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,769 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

Hi,

Yes, you can eat snacks and have drinks from your plastic bottles or cartons in outdoor ride queue lines. I'm sure we also had drinks of water from our small bottles when we were in rather hot indoor queues like Star Tours when our boys were young. There is a water fountain in the queue line in Thunder Mountain, if you are in the left hand side line, where you can drink or refill small bottles.

I also people watch, but often get chatting to people next to us as well, if they speak English, or even practise my French! Our boys used to play on their Gameboys, which I carried in my bag for this purpose, and we also played games like I Spy. Some parents worry about children coping with long queues at busy times, but ours were actually more patient in a long queue than my DH....he hates queueing for anything!

Edited: 14 August 2013, 11:39
Leeds, England...
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

My daughter had her ds which kept her busy also eating and generally talking bout what we ate doing next , most of rides even with huge Q's moved fast x

9. Re: best way to spend my time in queue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:23