We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rides and Fast Pass Info

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Rides and Fast Pass Info

I have read lots of things about the fast pass and I remember how it works from Florida.

Just wondering if anyone can advise...

Our little ones would be 6,3 and 1 when travelling. Just wondering on the family rides would we all be able to ride together, or as a 3 and a 2? Or is there any rides that are 2 only to a seat making it hard for us to ride? If that makes sense?

And also, If we did the fast pass on the adult rides can you still do the baby swap with these or do u join the standard queue?

Thanks x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

only a couple of family rides use fast pass

se
Level Contributor
225 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

we found that they were sort of flexible to seating rides like flying carpets,snow white,peter pan can squeeze 3 in , buzz is a 3 seater ride crush coaster is 4 on a car, but people sit in pairs on it

thunder mountain is 3. tea cups is 4 or 5,pirates of carribean & its a small world & tower of terror

can take a dozen each time

Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

I also worried about this when visiting alone with my 2 children but actually we found no problem to fit 3 on any of the family rides. Dumbo was a bit of a squeeze this year, but mine are 7 year olds now, so probably take up more room than your DC will.

As another poster mentioned, Crush's coaster seats 4 with 2 lots of 2 sitting back to back. I thought this may be a problem as it would mean at least 1 child not sitting next to an adult, but actually they let the children sit next to each other with me (the most scared of us all) behind on my own. Its likely that only your 6 year old will be tall enough to ride this one anyway so it won't be a problem.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

Hi

We had a very similar thread not long ago so I will try and find that when not on iPhone.

Yes you can combine Fastpass with baby switch, so the first parent would go via the FP entrance and ask the cast member there for a baby switch ticket. Then the 2nd parent can ride using their FP ticket and ask for a baby switch ticket. Then you have two BS tickets to use for another ride each.

An older child can also ride with each parent so they get more rides as well.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
269 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

fredpl,

Are you sure they let 3 on one seat on Big Thunder Mountain? It would be super then! I would very much like to be on the same seat with my 7 and 6 yr olds!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

How many people you can get on one seat will depend on size of the child / children and adult / adults - I have seen little ones sat between parents on BTM in the past, but it really is up to the CM on duty.

The first time I went on Small World with Hortensia and her DD 10, and twins aged 1 on my last trip, we all sat on one seat. When we went for a second ride the CM at loading insisted on 4 persons per seat, even though I said we had just been on the ride and all sat together. The boat rides are large capacity - about 20 persons per boat.

If you look at the Guidebook section on DLRPMagic and click on each ride it gives details of age suitability, capacity, and how long the ride lasts.

eg. Peter Pan's Flight

dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/…

However - the CM there put me, DS1 and his Fiancee on one seat, which was a bit of a squash, and we are not large size adults!

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

Many thanks for your replies,

Thats good to know about the seating. I was panicing about having to ride separately and queue again etc etc as there are 5. I think what i may do is make a list of all the rides we can do as a family first so we are not walking around like headless chickens on the first days!!

The only one i bet will be trouble is Tower of terror. I went on in Florida nearly 13 years ago and im desperate to do again and make hubby do it but im pretty sure we will have to queue seperatley so we dont have to leave the kids and imagaine it will be a pain.

Thanks for the advice x

8. Re: Rides and Fast Pass Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 05:19