We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend or weekdays

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend or weekdays

Hi

I'm thinking of going either the last weekend in march from Thursday to Sunday or from Monday to Thursday that last week. Has anyone experienced either one? I've looked at European school holidays and it doesn't look like there are any during this period. I just want to know if its busy during this week and what the difference is at the weekend. As the weekend would be preferred as I'd need less days off work. Any advice would be brilliant. Thanks.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend or weekdays

Hi!

Personally I would go for the weekdays rather than the weekend as from what I can gather the weekends do tend to be very busy. I think Wednesdays are slightly busier as some schools are closed on Wednesdays but generally going Mon-Thurs will be quieter than Thurs- Sun.

Although if it is going to be difficult to get time off work then going Thurs-Sun is totally do-able, I would get the busiest rides done on the Thurs and Fri then you don't have to worry about queuing on the weekend. You're there for plenty of time so you'd definitely get everything done.

Have a great trip! Sorry if I've rambled on!

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend or weekdays

Agree with Doodlemummy ,the difference in crowd levels between weekends and weekdays at off peak times is very noticeable.

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend or weekdays

Thanks Doodlemummy and Caspdex, that's made my mind up then I've got a three year old who really doesn't like queuing, so would definitely prefer the park to be quieter!

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend or weekdays

Actually I've just thought if I go Wednesday to Saturday I should get the least busiest full days. As I'll only be there half day Wednesday which you've said may be busier. Also I'll be leaving at around 10AM on the Saturday so will avoid that busy day. Which means I'll get Thursday and Friday as my two full days, which should be quieter!! You guys are fab thank you. I'm really excited to book now.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend or weekdays

Yay! Glad you've decided on days- good idea going Weds-Sat! Have a fab time :-)

6. Re: Weekend or weekdays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:37