We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip this Christmas with my fiance to Disneyland Paris. We're both really excited but we're a bit stumped when it comes to Christmas day dining. I've seen loads of advertisement for Christmas Eve and New Years meals, but we always have our traditional turkey dinner on Christmas day. We're looking for somewhere to dine on the 25th that serves turkey, mashed potato, veggies, gravy etc. (a bit like a thanksgiving meal). We've been to Disneyland 3 times over the past two years, two July trips, and a February trip but have never been during the Christmas season and just dined at fast-food outlets during our previous visits so we don't know much about the 'table service' or 'buffet' restaurants.

Another problem we're having is deciding what hotel to stay at. We've never had enough money to 'splurge' on staying in Disney property so we've always gone offsite, but this year we have a lot more cash than usual as our Christmas was intentionally going to be spent at Disney World Orlando, however my partner hasn't been able to get the time off work we needed for our trip. So we settled on Eurodisney and have the extra cash to spurge on Disney resorts. We've settled on 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel but we want a different hotel to end the trip, we were thinking along the lines of Sequoia or Newport Bay Club. We want a 'Christmasy' resort so again your thoughts would be much appropriated!

My last question is about the weather. When we were there February 2012 there was not a cloud in the sky and didn't rain at all, but the temperature was beyond freezing! I cried the first day there with the pain in my hands and feet (I also have Raynaud's disease), it was -6 degrees the first day there. There temperature gradually made its way up to 2 degrees while we were there and we got used to it but the mornings were agonizing on some days. I'm guessing the weather will be the same? I'm praying for no rain but not getting my hopes up. So any advice on the weather and ways to keep warm will be very helpful. Also, if you've been before, what did you wear to keep warm without looking too silly (no ski-suits!).

Thank you!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Hi, in terms of a hotel for the last night, it's worth knowing that the Sequoia Lodge has recently been completely refurbished whilst the Newport Bay is just about to start it's extensive refurb. I haven't stayed at either but the Sequoia is supposed to be especially lovely during Christmas season.

Have fun deciding!

Edited: 08 September 2013, 23:00
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

The Merry Christmas Lunch served in the Hotel New York on Christmas Day is a traditional roast dinner plus characters.

It's pricey at €121 per adult but last year's lunch got a glowing review in a trip report over on Magic Forum. Whatever you decide, I'd say booking in advance is essential. It could be worth ringing Dining Reservations to see if they have any info on other restaurants offering the traditional roast dinner - ring 0033 160 30 40 50, option 2 for English.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

I think I would go for the sequoia as I always see the newport as more of a summery hotel but that just my opinion. Whatever you choose, im very jealous, haven't been to disney over christmas since 2006!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Hi :)

It may be an idea to buy some hand and foot warmers - they last about 9 hours once activated - if you look on amazon you will lots of different ones . Our last cold weather trip we had thermals on top and bottom - then normal clothes, then fleeces then ski coats, hats and scarves and we were toasty warm :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Thank's guys!

Looks like I'll be going to the Sequoia Lodge! And I've been looking into that Christmas dinner at the NY and it sounds amazing! But my only problem is the fact that it's a four course meal. I'm not a big eater and fill up fairly easily and for the price I'll be paying I'm not sure if it will be worth it for me. I've been looking at the menus inside the parks but I'm not getting much of an idea of what the food is like.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
73 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

I can't help with your question regarding Christmas dinner except to say I am so jealous!! lol. I have seen a few posters in the last few days saying they were doing Christmas Day in DLP and it sounds so lovely. Maybe some day.

I stayed in Sequoia Lodge around Christmas last year and it was beautiful. The lodge style hotel, Christmas trees everywhere, lights and decorations and the beautiful open fire in the bar - for me, it was magical and I am thrilled to be staying there for the Christmas season this year.

As for the cold, all you can do is layer up. I am Irish and during the winter we get a rotten damp cold so even though the temperature in Paris could be several degrees colder, I actually find it more pleasant as it is drier. I would wear leggings under my jeans, slipper socks, walking boots, vest top, long sleeved top, hoodie, coat, hat scarf and gloves. Thinsulate gloves are great, a little expensive but your hands will be so warm. I think Tesco stocked them last winter.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Brilliant advice! Online looking for thermals and thinsulate gloves right now, it's best to buy them before everywhere sells out when it gets cold. A bit of snow would be lovely (providing there are no blizzards), just praying for no rain. There's nothing worse than walking round the parks cold and wet with clothes soaked through from the rain, especially wearing lots of layers, it adds to the weight and hurts your feet.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Thinsulate gloves are great and I'd really recommend the long sleeved, heat generating thermal tops from M&S.

But best of all, just keep popping back into the DLH for a hot choc -.bliss!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

Has anyone dined at Plaza Gardens in the Disneyland park before? Do they do Thanksgiving style meals?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Day Dining at Disneyland Paris, Hotel & Weather.

they usually have a carvery meat and vegatables and various types of potato s you could probably russle something Maybe as its christmas they might do extra to make it a more christmassy day dinner. Actually can't remember where we ate when we went on christmas in 2006, quite a time ago so things have probably changed sine then anyway. What about Walts?