We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

Hi everyone

We are just planning our next winter trip to DLP and my daughters favourite princess is now Ariel (previously snow white then aurora then rapunzel) She was spoilt on a recent trip to WDW as she is very popular there and has lots of meet and greet opportunities.

However, reading the reviews about the princess pavilion I'm not sure the new queue system is worth the hassle and it only guarantees one princess meet and greet :-(

So, I am thinking of paying to have lunch at Auberge but only want to if its likely that Ariel features in the mix. I know there is no guarantee on which princesses will be there but thought I would ask who had been recently and which princesses had been there. This way I can weigh up the odds of Ariel being there and whether to book.

On a different note, does Merida feature anywhere in the park?

Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

Hi, we haven't eaten in Auberge since last December but we did meet Ariel there.

You could always make a reservation and then on the day ask at City Hall if Ariel will be appearing. At least that way you're booked for the time and date that suits you but you can still cancel without penalty.

Fingers crossed for your DD!

Edited: 21 September 2013, 19:17
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

Sorry, I meant to add that other than a scene in Dreams, Merida doesn't feature in the park yet. Lots of us hoping she makes her DLP debut soon!

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

We met her in Auberge,no sign of Merida yet.

Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

Thanks Lellycaw

That's a really good idea about booking and then checking. Will plan to do that.

We met Merida at WDW, but it was very rushed due to the extreme heat, so we were hoping to see her at DLP. Think DLP are missing a big trick, as she was HUGELY popular and seeing she is Scottish, it would make more geographical sense to have her at DLP.

We queued half an hour to meet her, which was our longest queue by far, plus there was a fab archery activity to pass the time in the queue. She also featured in the celebrate the magic show (like dreams). The Americans seemed to love her and the film. Shame DLP have not quite embraced it yet.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

I agree completely, she should definitely be in DLP by now. I still think it's odd that we're getting the characters from Frozen before Merida.

Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

I did think that was odd, especially considering Brave has been nearly as much as a success of Tangled. And DLP madequite a thing about Rapunzel. They are definitely missing a trick and she is a princess after all. Shame as DD and DS would love to see her.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

We met Ariel in auberge too. I always advise missing the parade the day you've eaten there, they won't necessarily be played by same people and older children may be able to tell...

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

Oh crikey, that's a really good point. Now DD's that bit older I think we'll definitely take your advice - don't want any awkward questions!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

They weren't the same the day when we went. Santa is the same, as 3 year old nephew declared in loud voice "thats not the Santa I met" I'm always a bit disappointed with Disney Santa in his fake beard, WDW Santa looks the real thing!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ariel at Auberge de Cendrillon

The Santa thing panics me. I really don't want DD spotting the difference so I've booked the grotto at Harrods again (that's where we did the big reveal last year) because they've reassured me it will be the same guy. The bonus is we won't have to queue at DLP!