We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

Prague
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

Our 3 year old is very curious and active. I understand there are rides and fun for the very young ones, but would it be better for her experience to wait a year? What are the appropriate rides?

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,876 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

Hi Zuzi, welcome to the forum. I would say that there's quite a bit for a three year old to do, it's not just the rides but characters too (if she likes them!) you can have a character meal, queue at one of the meet and greet locations, shop! Take a look here,

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/video/attractions/

Good luck deciding!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

I'll be taking my three year old for her third birthday visit this November, having already taken her at 13, 18 and 24 months, and can honestly say do it!! My daughter loves going, spending time making lists of who she wants to meet, rides to go on etc. We keep the memories alive by showing our photos, videos and autograph books so she remembers every trip so far. As jofar says it's not just rides but the whole experience. Do it! X

Edited: 01 October 2013, 07:32
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

I took my just gone 2 year old earlier this year. I nearly didn't bring him cos I thought it was a waste of money but he loved it. He still talks about it and wants to go back.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

I took my 3 and 4 year olds in august and they loved it and want to go again. theirs lots of rides and attractions for them and we didnt have any meltdowns or running off. just be realistic factor in a nap time some chill out time and in reality you cannot use emhs everyday i tried and he then didnt want to que anymore to meet rabbit bit annoying when your 4 from the front and been queing 30mins

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

My ds 2 loved it sooooooo much. Lots of rides to do. Wasn't keen on characters to begin with but after watching dd got into it. Go go go

Level Contributor
242 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

My DD was 3 when we went in June and she loved it! There was loads to do and she even managed to stay awake for Dreams at 11pm. We're taking her again in November because she enjoyed it so much :)

She was scared of some of the characters but loved Mickey, Minnie, Suzy and Perla. The characters are very good if they sense the kids are worried.

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,477 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,203 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

Hi Zuzi,

As the others have said, Disneyland is not just about going on rides, although there are only a few that a 3 yr old cannot go on height-wise. Some will depend on the individual child's likes or dislikes, as not all children are the same. Some have no fear and will enjoy most things, but some can become scared in dark rides, or fast ones.

These threads should help you in that respect -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Also read this useful thread which is in our Top Questions list about young children in Disneyland -

Some children (and adults) enjoy the shows, parades and meeting Characters more than doing rides, although some of the Characters can be a bit scary as well (my DS2 used to be terrified of Captain Hook!)

I havn't got grandchildren yet, but I will certainly be taking them before they are 3!

As you say your DD is curious and active, it sounds as if you would all have a great time there.

Edited: 01 October 2013, 09:14
Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,203 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

It does help if you can avoid peak times like weekends and school holidays when the parks are busy with longer queues, although children can often cope with that better than their parents!

alexandria
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

I would say go for it!! As the others have said there's lots for a 3yr old to enjoy. Our dd was 4 and ds had his 2nd bday there when we went in March and they both go on about it. DS gets excited whenever he sees an advert for disneyland and dd is always asking to go back. DS remembers that mickey mouse gave him a bday cake too :) We had such a great time and are going back twice next year.

You won't regret it and may just find yourself hoping to book up for the next yr too! :)

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,203 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it better to take a 3-year-old or wait?

It is harder for people with babies under 1 year as they are more restricted regarding rides. However, Disney have something called Babyswitch (also known as Childswop) where parents can take it in turns to ride whilst the other stays with child / children but only one parent has to queue. At off peak quiet times queue lines can often be minimal or even non existent anyway.

Read about Babyswitch and also using Fastpass on DLRPMagic as well as lots of other information, and also check out our Top Questions if you can see those on the right of both our Forum pages.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France