We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

Bethlehem, PA, USA
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

Hello all! My family and I will be visiting DLP for one day on January 1, 2014 - Yes, New Year's Day. We're prepared for longer queues with the holiday. Has anyone ever visited the park that day to know what the waits will be like? We're Americans and have never been to DLP before, but we are Disney Vacation Club members and visit WDW 2-3 times a year. Safe to say, we're very experienced with the Florida park. What are the must-do experiences that are different in DLP than in WDW? I don't want to waste time going on rides that are identical to those at home. Has anyone else tried to do as much as possible in just one day? What was your plan and how much did you see? We're planning on a fast paced day to see as much as possible. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated, thanks for your time!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

<<I don't want to waste time going on rides that are identical to those at home.>>

The DLP rides are identical to those in the USA. The biggest difference is that wine is sold in all of the DLP restaurants.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

Whilst some are essentially the same, people who have done both report differences. One of the DLP experts, Caspdex is in WDW right now and has posted some comparisons - think the thread is called setting off tomorrow.

I am no expert but use fast pass wherever you can. Rides would be quieter whilst parades are on (if those are less important to you). If it were me, I would make a red, Amber green list of things I have to do, things I want to do and things that would be nice if there was time.

Hope you enjoy it.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

I have been to DLP, WDW and DL California and all different in their own ways. A lot of people say Paris is actually the prettiest of the magic kingdoms, with the castle in particular being the most detailed. You can go inside, up into the first floor and see the story of sleeping beauty told in tapestry ans stained glass, which you won't have seen a WDW is Cinderella castle.

For meals highly recommend walts, auberge de cinderillion (character table service with princesses) and blue lagoon (inside pirates of the Caribbean ride!) but not sure if you are planning a long meal with only one day. Yes, you can order alcohol if thats a selling point to you. I doubt you've crossed the Atlantic just to experience Disney beer, lol!

Read the thread previously mention, caspdex is giving a very true comparison I think.

London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

Space mountain in paris is different to the one in WDW. Is more extreme goes upside down ect

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

Space Mountain is absolutely not the same as its American counterpart- as Steff says, far more intense.

Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, and It's a Small World are different enough to make it an interesting experience.

There are several rides in DLP that don't exist in Orlando, and vice versa.

The Paris park is small enough to see in a day.

6. Re: One day in DLP, Americans who have never been - Pointers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics