We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weight restrictions for rides

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Weight restrictions for rides

Hi I am going to DLP for Christmas and was wondering if there were any weight restrictions for

rides, I am a slightly larger lady and it would be so embarrassing not to be able to go on the rides with my kids, been dieting but still not quiet sure if its enough lol. Any info would be great thanks.

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

My mum used to be a larger lady and she never had any problems. On one internet site it said as long as you can fit in a plane or train seat you should be fine going on the rides.

London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

Hi I was a size 24 when I last went.

I have had the embarrassment of not fitting on a ride at Thorpe park(was a 26 at the time) and it has forever made me paranoid. So I feel your pain

The rides at Disney are the most generous I have ever been on( the only ride I didn't go on was rc racer due to time so can't say if that one is ok)

The majority of rides are lap bars so will only go as far as body allows so those are fine.

Even the over shoulder constraints are fine as unlike uk rides they don't have the seatbelt to clip in( which is usually the problem I have) x

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

Crushes coaster can be a bit of a squeeze, but size 24 will present no problems on any ride.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

Thank you so much for your messages I am about a size 20/22 so it has put my mind at rest a bit and fingers cross I can loose a bit more before we go.

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

Ooh I'm glad somebody asked this actually, thanks for posting. My dh always has problems in the UK with rides that have the over the shoulder harnesses as he's so broad they don't latch closed properly (he's overweight too but that hasn't usually caused any issues)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

Hi I'm going on Sunday and also worried. I have very large breasts and worried the over shoulders won't fit. How did your trip go, did find things a squeeze?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

Hi just to let you know I didn't have any problems with the rides and I mainly went on the childrens ones with my daughter, I think I went on one which did come down over my shoulders and it was fine. Hope you have a good trip.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

I'm a 22/24 n generously breasted, can someone give me any reassurance. A plane seat is fine... Just about!!

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

You will be fine, seriously.

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weight restrictions for rides

You should be fine.. On rc racer in 2012, my partner (when he was larger than he is now) had to sit in the front row blue seat because it has a slightly larger harness. This was the only ride that he struggled on normal size. He was worried about it again this time although he has lost lots of weight and would have fitted in the normal seats, but he still requested the front row larger seat.