We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

Hi all! Thanks for answering all my concerns to date but I have one more headache!

As some know this is my first time abroad so unsure of how it all works.

We booked through Thomas cook and have been told all the way through that disneyland send the store physical documents which they pass to us.

We received an electronic confirmation for flights (no middle names though! Will this pose any issue? ) but nothing for VEA or santa fe... I'm concerned.

We're both working all day until Friday so can't pop in to the thomas cook branch and tried to call during a break today but only got a call centre who didn't transfer me to store but insisted I'd be given all documents in CDG? Surely I need them to go and if not where in CDG? Sounds odd to me.

I can't relax.

Any experience booking with Thomas cook, what's the procedure?

Thanks!!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

Hi

I can't see what they mean by giving you documents at CDG airport. That sounds bizarre.

Flights tickets don't have middle names, just first and last names. They must be the same as on the passport.

You should have received confirmation of your hotel booking with a reference number, showing which hotel you have booked, arrival date, number of nights, and names of persons. This is what you show them when you check in. It should also show that you have the VEA transfers included. They used to give vouchers for the bus each way but this could have changed now everything seems to be by email.

There is a VEA bus desk in terminal 2 E/F where you catch the Disney bus. Maybe you show your booking confirmation there and get the tickets - but I will have to check.

As long as you have a Disney booking reference number to give reception in the hotel, they can find your details.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

As you had no luck trying to phone your Thomas Cook store phone Disney and tell them about your concerns. Maybe they can help.

08448 008 111

Edited: 18 November 2013, 23:51
Ormesby St...
Level Contributor
458 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

I dont know how to do links on my phn but there was a previous thread about the vea where another poster had recieved an e-mail for vea tickets to print n bring with them about 30 days before travel. This was booked direct with disney so might be different with TA. Hope you get it all sorted.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

Hi,

I just phoned my local branch of Thomas Cook to find out their normal procedure. The lady I spoke to was very helpful, but I could not tell her which branch you have booked with. She said that they do give actual documents to their customers when they receive them from Disney. When I told her what you had been told about collecting them at CDG she didn't know what they were talking about.

I found my local branch number online using Google, typing in Thomas Cook Bournemouth. The lady said if you can't find a number for the branch you booked with she will call them for you, if you phone her, and get it sorted.

0844 335 7102

Sorry, I forgot to ask her name, but it is not a large branch. I told her I was from our DLP forum on Trip Advisor, and that you had posted because you are going in 8 days and very worried.

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

Oh figgy you are a sweetheart, thank you so much. I'll have a browse on my break and of that fails I will try that!

Thank you again!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

No prob - your branch should have phoned you when your documents arrived, so you could go in and check everything was OK, before taking them away. That's what my travel agent always does.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

phone the airline and ask about the tickets. some do demand middle names (for example if you have 2 first names and last name), basically all the names exactly like in your passport. since my husband has 3 first names, i had to phone norwegian and add the third name on the phone (the system would only take 2 names but they demanded all names)..so just to be on the safe side. it might depend on the airline. so far they always demanded all our names.

i wouldnt worry, but just to be on the safe side.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 12:56
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

That's interesting Aurinko - we have never given our middle names when booking flights as far as I recall, and the same for Eurostar. Just first Christian name as it appears on the passport, and surname.

I just checked my e-tickets for my flights in February with FlyBe / Air France and they only show my first Christian name and Surname.

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

Sorry work is so busy I'm rubbish at updating!

Vea sorted.

Hotel. They said just to use my order confirmation receipt with the booking reference? Will this be ok?!

Thanks for all your help! Very much appreciated.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 days to go but no ticket for transfer or hotel?!

I'm sure the order confirmation receipt and booking ref will be enough.Any time I travel they never look at half the bits of paper I take, passport is often enough , especially for flights.

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics