We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Topic
Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

We are arriving in Disneyland on Sunday for 4 nights (can't wait!!), myself, DH & two boys (2 & 3). We have made reservations for restaurants at lunchtime for each day - Inventions, The Blue Lagoon, Cafe Mickey & Walts - and thought we'd "wing" it for something lighter in the evenings. However now I'm beginning to panic - should we book restaurants for every meal time? Any suggestions would be welcome!

Many thanks!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Hi Jen welcome to the forum. I couldn't eat two full meals in one day at dlp! Table service meals can take a good couple of hours really if you have three courses so eating twice would take quite a chunk out of your days. If you want something light at tea time then I'd eat in a counter service resto, you don't need a reservation for these but opening hours of the restaurants depends on park hours for that day.

In the Village you could go to Earl of Sandwich or McDonalds, both are much cheaper than eating in the parks.

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Thanks for your reply! That was what we were thinking re counter service, perfect puts my mind at ease - I've started worrying about the smallest things now the holiday is so near!

Thanks again - this forum has been so helpful, I only found it a few days ago, it has been a great source of information!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

You're welcome! Not long until your trip!!

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

I know!! Feel sick with excitement!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Hi Jen and welcome :+)

Pack your thermals! We're here at the moment and after a relatively mild week it has suddenly got much, much colder. Have a fab trip!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Hi Jen ,

I couldn't eat two large meals in one day either, so counter service in the parks or village are certainly an option for food later. The only thing you have to check is that you are not going to miss stars n cars parade in the Studios which is currently on at 1.30pm apart from Friday when it starts at 12.45. It is only a short parade but worth seeing for some different characters in their themed cars.

Bear in mind that dreams begins at park closing time and lasts just under 20 mins. Restaurants in the village stay open until around 11pm. They are very busy in the evening with people wanting dinner either after Dreams or before. You can't book Annette's diner but you can book king Ludwigs, cafe Mickey or the steakhouse and just have one course if not very hungry. Or maybe share dishes between you. If you ask in planet Hollywood or rainforest cafe they may let you book on the day.

I would avoid New York Style Sandwiches though - it always looks dirty to me, and does not usually get good reviews. Check recent ones on TA.

Sunday and Monday will be very busy but should be less crowded on Tuesday.

Hope you have a Magical Time!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Do you realise your 2yr old eats free in buffets? They should be given something like pasta, rice or. vegetables in Disney table service ones but it tends to vary with each restaurant.

You may want to consider restaurant DES stars buffet in the studios either before or after stars n cars parade as an alternative, where you see a small Remy on a platter. There are photos in my recent trip report.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

You don't have to cancel one of your ADRs - you could book RDS for lunch in a different name with different mobile phone number. They don't ask for ID. You could use your maiden name.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Then you can decide on the day which one you want to eat in.

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Reservations needed for lunch & dinner?

Thanks for the thermals tip (& welcome!!) Lellycaw - the kids are all sorted but never thought about me /DH!

Figgygirl thanks for all the info - I meant to ask about the under 3s eating for free, wasn't sure how that worked. Does that mean he is free for our character dinner in Inventions? Fantastic if he is!

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics