We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

So, there's no denying it any longer - our trip is over :-( Time to get on with my TR - apologies in advance for the rambling, I didn't take notes so I'm piecing it together with help from DD, DH and our hundreds of photos. Here goes!

The cast: Me, DH and Character-mad DD, celebrating her 6th birthday.

Our trip actually started on Friday 29th November as we travelled down to London early that day. We checked into the Premier Inn on Euston Road at midday and as our room was available we were able to dump our stuff before heading out. Generously sized family room and very clean.

I'd booked a slot at Santa's Grotto in Harrods a couple of months earlier but kept it a secret from DD - I thought it would be a great start to our trip and save us queuing for Santa in DLP. We got to Harrods early so headed straight to the Disney Café to get us in the mood - our first fix of Mickey waffles! Santa was fab and DD was on a high :+) Bit of a pootle around London and then dinner at the Rainforest Café.

The idea was an early night but DD was way too excited so it was after midnight before any of us drifted off dreaming our Disney dreams...

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
171. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

They'd make a crack squad!

Day 6 - Continued -Again...

Dinner on our last night was booked for Inventions once again. Yes, I know, four times in one trip but wha can I say? DH and I are a pair of softies!

Off to a good start, we were sat in the rotunda, which is my favourite part of the restaurant - feels quite private with a fab view of the castle. I was a bit aprehensive after our last couple of visits to the restaurant but needn't have been - we had a great night! Lovely food, lots of choices and hot - yay! Brilliant character interaction - we saw eight in total and they were really playful and good fun. Plus we had Mickey with the vibrating nose!

We were in there about two and a half hours but still found it hard to tear ourselves away but it had to be done. Back to our room and time to pack :+(

Edited: 12 July 2014, 23:30
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
172. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

And I really recommend a glowtini before packing to come home, makes it much easier ;+)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
173. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

Glad Inventions was an improvement Lelly, and so glad your dd handled that idiot mother so well!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
174. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

Thanks Jofar, it was a relief to have a successful evening! We had character lunch in Inventions over the Easter break and it was great with hot, plentiful food and some of the best character interaction we've ever enjoyed in the restaurant.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
175. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

I also meant to mention that Day 6 was the 5th December, so the eve of the Long Spanish National holiday weekend. From early evening the resort definitely started to feel busier and Inventions was packed that night, which meant a bit of a queue at the buffet but also gave the restaurant a real buzz and a bit of a party atmosphere.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
176. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

Right, nearly done!

Day 7

I'd pretty much got us packed the night before so it was a question of enjoying our last breakfast and some character interaction in Main Street Lounge before stashing away a few bits and bobs and then checking out. We left our luggage at the DLH and headed for the main park.

Memory here is a bit hazy but I knoww e watched the Cavalcade twice, met Duffy (did this every day - he's so cute!) and went to Mickey's indoor M&G, where we had some fab photos taken.

It was busier today and cold so we decided to head to Café Fantasia for a reviving hot choc before watching Descent. I've told this story elsewhere so I'll be brief but I so wish we hadn't gone to Descent. It was packed and the M&Gs were scrums despite CMs being present. DD got knocked to the ground and then witnessed a grown man thump Donald Duck. It wasn't pretty and DD was distraught.

I very politely mentioned to his handler that the scrums were unacceptable only to be told that if we wanted character interaction we should pay for a character meal and not hang around in a hotel lobby. If I say I was furious then that is an understatement but there was no time to complain as we literally had to dash for our Eurostar. Thankfully DD managed a cuddle with Donald but it was a fairly rubbish end to a lovely trip.

I've since been in touch with DLP about the incident and I'm happy with the response but even if Descent continues, I doubt we'll attempt the M&Gs again.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
177. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

Sad end to the trip I know we talked about it before but why's kind of man thumps Donald Duck ???

Alex loves Duffy too he says he buy a new one on our Halloween trip as he has the saucer Duffy he want one to dress up.

X

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
178. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

Goodness only knows Rachael, but being polite, I'd say someone who needs help.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
179. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

Day 7 - Continued

So, we walked through Fantasia Gardens with heavy hearts and bags and made our way to thetrain station. It was the usual stress-fest checking into Eurostar at MLV, with too many people in too small a space but we were finally through and boarded the train half an hour before departure. We settled down with pizzas and had an uneventful journey home, although it took a whopping 40 minutes to get through passport control once we'd arrived at St Pancras.

We checked into a Premier Inn for the night and that was it, our Disney adventure over for another year but we'd had a blast and made some fab memories!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
180. Re: Trip Report: 30th November - 6th December

So glad it's not just me who finds the check in at disney stressful

I've never had a easy journey home ever.

Fab TR lelly :)

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics