We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar advice with 2 children's

vallumlj
Level Contributor
72 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Eurostar advice with 2 children's

We are travelling to Disneyland next year on the direct service from Ashford. Our children are going to be 3 and 1 year old. I have 3 seats reserve for me round a table in carriage 3 and the cost is £200 return which does not seem that bad.

My question is the child seat is £50 is it worth it for my 3 year old I think it would be.

Also is it worth moving from carriage 3 to a family carriage 1 or 18? Or will the train be all families as it's the direct disney service.

Any advice will be great

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

I would definitely recommend having a seat for your three year old and in my opinion the £50 will be worth it - you will find the extra space very handy for entertaining the little ones. We've never sat in the family carriage - I don't think it really matters tbh as you can walk through the carriages anyway if you wanted baby change facilities. If it's the direct service, most people will be in family groups and be very excited anyway!

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

Carriage 1 and 18 are sectioned off part way through with glass partitions and have baby changing facilities at the expense of one of the toilets. Other than that, you might as well stay in the standard coaches.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

Hi

I board at st Pancras and always try to book a carriage near buffet carriage 6. The other buffet is carriage 13. When the train is at Chessy it is a long walk to / from carriage 18 to the escalators and lifts. Going to Disney carriage 18 is the front of the train, and a long walk when boarding at st Pancras. It may also be a longer walk along the platform when boarding at Ashford but I havn't done this.

When prices are released for the direct Eurostar they usually start at £69 adult and £49 child but go up with every 60 seats sold.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

I would also pay for a seat for a 3 yr old if going at a busy time when there may not be any spare seats you can use.

When I travelled out last month my carriage was almost empty so a family near me had plenty of seats for their little ones. But some people I spoke to who had been on the same train said their carriage was full!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

It is also definitely worth having a table seat, especially with children. Easier for them to do colouring or play games on the journey. And easier for eating & drinking.

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

Walking to Carriage 18 at Ashford feels like you're halfway to Paris already lol, it's a bit of a trek with luggage / buggies / small children etc!

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

I travelled last sunday, back this thursday from ashford.

It was just me and my 2 year old. I had only bought the one seat; expecting to have my son on my lap the whole time!

As it turned out, we had 2 seats to ourselves around a table on the way; and all 4 seats around a table on the way back!

I chose carriages next to the buffet cars both ways, number 5 and number 14.

It was very easy, and ashford was nice, as there is a small area for kids to play, with megabloks and puzzle tables.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

On our first trip to disney by direct eurostar we managed really well with one dd each on our knee (aged almost 4 & 12 months) and this was fine for us but if you think your child will need their own seat and would be much happier then go for it :)

my house
Level Contributor
247 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

If you can afford it try standard premier. Not only do you get meals but the carriages are only a third full so you can spread out a bit.

10. Re: Eurostar advice with 2 children's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2014, 06:17