We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney to Paris

Ireland
Level Contributor
435 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Disney to Paris

Hi everyone - wishing a very Happy New Year to all

A quick question . . . . I'm planning our next trip & hoping to include a stay in Paris for a few days first but I can't figure out the trains!!

If we do end up staying in Paris & want to get the train out to Disney what station do I need to be looking at - we'd need as direct as possible a journey? How long should the journey take?

Would it be cheaper (I'm sure it would be easier!!) to just get a private shuttle?

Thanks

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney to Paris

Hi,

We stayed at DLP and did Paris on Tuesday 17th December.

We paid for a mobilis ticket which allowed us unlimited metro, bus and train travel around the city for the day. It was just a bit more than 15€ per adult.

Not sure what the one way ticket would cost, or how much a child ticket is.

If there are a few of you, it might work out better to share a shuttle.

Saying that, the train was very easy. It took us 45 mins direct, on the RER A4 line.

We got off at Charles de Gaulle Etoile, which is the station for the Arc de Triomfe and the connection via metro for the Eiffel tower.

We found the metro pretty tricky with a pushchair, as its all steps out, and plenty of them!

You really need 2 able bodied adults to move about safely if you have a toddler!

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney to Paris

Also look at chatelet de halles station, which is a hub station in the heart of Paris.

This is a direct line to Chessy DLP.

Lots of steps again and no working lift or escalator on our trip!

Ireland
Level Contributor
435 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney to Paris

Thanks for that info, I'll have a look at those stations.

Not sure how we'll manage the metro so - we have one adult with some mobility issues.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,749 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney to Paris

For questions such as this, you need to tell us the number travelling, the ages of children, the number of days (a few days needs to be precise), and what days of the week you are staying in Paris.

If you are staying in Paris and only want to travel to DLP to stay there for a few days, a single ticket from any métro station in Paris to Marne-la-Vallée/Disney is 7.10€. For children under ten the fare is 3.65€. I would allow one hour en route but much will depend upon your actual starting point.

Ireland
Level Contributor
435 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney to Paris

Thanks Sarastro,

I know I'm being a bit vague it's just we haven't finalised details as yet.

There are 5 adults & 1 child (4) - we have booked Disney for the 10th - 14th June 2014 but have now decided to go for a week. We could stay in Paris from the 7th - 10th and then travel out to Disney from there however my mum would prefer to stay in one hotel so I'm going to check prices for the Disney hotel when they are released (was told that should be in Jan) & compare with the cost of staying in Paris - which is coming up as very expensive so far & not knowing the city at all I don't really know where we should be looking.

If we do stay at the same Disney hotel we still have access to Disney Village & can just take a day trip to Paris / Versailles etc

So any advice is greatly received.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,749 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney to Paris

If you were to stay in Paris on the 7th - 10th of June, you might look at the Navigo Découverte pass. It would cost 20.40€ (new price starting 1 Jan 14) for unlimited travel within Paris (from the 7th to the 13th actually). The fare outside of Paris during that period would only be marginally more using the ND to cover that base ticket rate. Holder of the ND card must purchase the card but it is valid for 10 years and only costs 5€.

I generally much prefer to stay in one hotel myself rather than changing but Disney is a long way from Paris and trying to commute between the two can be expensive and time consuming. I would definitely consider two different hotels for your stay.

When you have a clearer picture of your stay, ask about specific travel solutions as the Paris options can be confusing.

Ireland
Level Contributor
435 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney to Paris

Sarastro - thank you so much for your help - that's exactly the issue - I'm finding Paris travel very confusing.

I'm sure we'll figure it out though at some point before June!!

8. Re: Disney to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics