We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday near disneyland paris

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday near disneyland paris

Hi

I want to incorporate disneyland paris into a family holiday, a centre parcs resort type of place would be ideal, first two weeks of july this year for a family of 4 travelling from scotland. Can anyone recommend a good place? Also any ideas how warm it would be in July?

Thanks

Zoe

uk
Level Contributor
819 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday near disneyland paris

Hi Zoe,

The campsites in France are pretty amazing compared to here in Scotland. I'm not sure how far you want to travel into France and I presume that you will have a car?

We drove from Scotland last year and after Disney we travelled to loire valley staying at allicourts resort. Accomodation varies from tents, cabins or tree houses. I would highly recommend it. Maybe worth a peep on their website and trip adviser. .Loads for kids to do and really clean.

Weather wise , last year same two weeks were really really hot, we often sat out till 11 pm. Went out at night in a dress etc. don't remember needing a jumper except that 10 pm time outside our tent.. Got a great tan.

We are hoping it will be the same this year.

Just an idea.hope it helps

uk
Level Contributor
819 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday near disneyland paris

Hi Zoe,

The campsites in France are pretty amazing compared to here in Scotland. I'm not sure how far you want to travel into France and I presume that you will have a car?

We drove from Scotland last year and after Disney we travelled to loire valley staying at allicourts resort. Accomodation varies from tents, cabins or tree houses. I would highly recommend it. Maybe worth a peep on their website and trip adviser. .Loads for kids to do and really clean.

Weather wise , last year same two weeks were really really hot, we often sat out till 11 pm. Went out at night in a dress etc. don't remember needing a jumper except that 10 pm time outside our tent.. Got a great tan.

We are hoping it will be the same this year.

Just an idea.hope it helps

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday near disneyland paris

Thank you! Will have a look. How long did it take you guys to get there? Did you go Dover-Calais or euro star? X

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,298 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday near disneyland paris

La Croix du Vieux Pont in Berny Riviere is about an hours drive from DLP and they run busses to DLP

http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/

It is a very well run site and all the major camping operators (Eurocamp, Thompson Al Fresco, etc) have mobile homes there. Canvas also have log cabins.

July can vary. In 2013 there was a heatwave and it was very warm (the Irish and British would often have get togethers in the frozen food department of the local supermarket lol!!). However in previous years (thinking 2011 and 2012 it was COLD... we're talking 14 and 15C here. So it can vary. Widely.

If you are looking for a site close to Disneyland Paris, where you can stay in the one spot, that is VERY well run, that has excellent facilities but is close to attractions then La Croix du Vieux Pont fits the bill.

We've stayed there on numerous occasions and have visited the following:

Chateau Chantilly,

Fontaine Bleau

Senlis

The Amistice Museum and Clearing outside Compiegne

Compiegne Chateau

Pierrefonds (where Merlin was filmed)

Epernay and a tour of the Mercier Champagne Cellars

And there is lots more in the region left to visit!!

uk
Level Contributor
819 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday near disneyland paris

From Scotland we drove to Dover and got ferry I think Dfds was cheapest, stopping off on route as part of the adventure. This year going to try to get eurotunnel to cut down the journey.

La Croix is certainly nearer but for us it was worth the three hours to loire valley. As it's further south I'm guessing that the weather may be slightly warm on average. We loved the region particularly Sancerre but then we do love wine and cheese lol . Even the kids loved the vineyard. As they got to pick and eat the fruit.

Any more questions please message me. I think though if u r travelling that far you maybe need to stay a little while. I think we did 4 nights Disney and 10 nights allicourts but then snook in an extra Disney nite on the way back to Calais which worked well. Happy planning x

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,118 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday near disneyland paris

Hi Zoe,

This thread is about campsites in the area, but some of them have holiday caravans as well.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Depending on how many days you want to spend in the parks you could consider changing accommodation for your time in Disneyland, for the start or end of your holiday, either in a Disney hotel, Selected resort hotel, or hotel or self catering apartment offsite near Disneyland, including Davy Crockett Ranch.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 18:01
7. Re: Holiday near disneyland paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics