We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which offsite hotel?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Which offsite hotel?

Hi, was wondering if anyone could recommend any of the offsite hotels? Have been looking at Park & Suites, Sejours, Hipark, Adagio and Residome but can't make my mind up! There will be 4 of us going, me, oh and 2 dd's 11 & 7 and will all have annual passes.

Main thing is they are close to the shops and train station and clean (not expecting 5 stars, just something that is clean and nice enough for 4 nights!)

Thank you, Meeko.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,408 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which offsite hotel?

Hi Meeko,

If you want to be able to walk to shops & train station, then cross Park & Suites Prestige off your list. That is quite isolated and guests have to use their own transport or the bus provided by the hotel.

I have stayed in Hipark twice and will be there again on the 11th. I wrote a long review after my first stay there so can't really add more to that - when you check in they give you a bus timetable as this varies during the year. The first bus goes around 08.50 so if you want to go to the park for EMH at 8am you have to walk, taxi or catch the train from Val DE station.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g780713-d3…

These are my photos - I didn't have breakfast in the hotel, (so don't have photos of that) and I have a Studio room for 1-2 persons.

flickr.com/photos/…

We do have posters who have stayed in the other ones - have you read reviews on TA?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,408 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which offsite hotel?

Sejours & Affaires Rive Gauche is more basic, and cheaper than Hipark, no pool, but handy for the railway station, and the bus stops outside. Caspdex has stayed there at least once. Now I think he prefers Residhome Prestige, which is next to Val DE station.

The swimming pool at Adagio Aparthotel is now indoor.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 21:56
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which offsite hotel?

Hi, thanks for your replies. Have crossed park &suites of my list!

I don't think we will have time for the pool to be honest with trying to do a day in Paris as well so not worried about that. Just read your review and looked at pics, very useful, thank you. Have read in other reviews it's about a 15 min walk to the Val DE Station from Hipark, does that sound right to you?

Will prob try to get to park early as poss with dream passes so if stay there will prob get the train to get there more for 8.

Sorry for all the questions, getting excited now!

uk
Level Contributor
572 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which offsite hotel?

I would not write park suites off . It has a free shuttle that goes to val de Europe and direct to disneyparks which only takes a few minutes. We found it a great apart hotel and saves the walk to the station.

We will def return there . Not sure though but I think first shuttle in the morning was about 8.15 am, but worth checking if you go for this option.

uk
Level Contributor
572 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which offsite hotel?

I would not write park suites off . It has a free shuttle that goes to val de Europe and direct to disneyparks which only takes a few minutes. We found it a great apart hotel and saves the walk to the station.

We will def return there . Not sure though but I think first shuttle in the morning was about 8.15 am, but worth checking if you go for this option.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which offsite hotel?

Have stayed in Residhome and S&A, the Residhome is more convenient for shops and station, and the apartment is also better equipped at the Residhome. We are going back there in April, but in October we are trying the Adagio for the first time.We did like the S&A, but wasn't as close to the bus stop or station as the other two.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,408 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which offsite hotel?

The bus from Park & Suites does not go early enough for 8am Extra Magic Hours, and there is no other transport option. As the OP says they wish to be close to shops and railway station, and will have Annual Passports for EMH, I don't really think Park & Suites Prestige is the location they are looking for.

I have read mixed reviews of the shuttle service from P&S. Some have said the bus was too small for the number of guests, and people could not get on. If Darcie had no problems, maybe they have now got a bigger bus! It could also depend on when you go.

According to reviews the bus goes every 30 or 45 mins, from 8.15am to 11.50pm, and takes 10 mins to Disney and Val DE. There are no shops nearby, but there is a local takeaway that does delivery pizzas and burgers. It depends if you are happy being in a more isolated location. The pool is in a separate building, part of the spa, and is extra charge. In a review someone said this cost 26€. But if you read the review by SophieCee they had a balcony and view of the Castle, and could watch Dreams, which sounds great for people with young children who are not staying in the park late.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 03:01
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which offsite hotel?

We've stayed at Parks & Suites about 4 times and Hipark once. Really like them both and tend to go with whoever has best deal. Trying Residhome later this year.

P&S does have a proper sized coach now, did used to be a mini bus.

I have seen the coach break down and they were back to using mini bus though.

We always drive and as Figgy said P&S is quite remote so if you have other options I would go with those first.

Hipark is very nice, we stayed there when it hadn't been open long. Got good deal through Booking.com including breakfast. Prices seem to have gone up quite a lot though (we always go in holidays though).

Good luck with the planning!

England, U.K
Level Contributor
616 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which offsite hotel?

We stay at the Residhome on our trips. It is located right next to the station so is very convenient. We also like the kitchen so we can take things for breakfast and on longer trips get things for lunches or dinners during a break from the park (saves on the high food costs in the parks.) We have tried other off site hotels, but have decided this is where we will stay from now on.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,408 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which offsite hotel?

I agree that Hipark has gone up since it opened. I was very cross when after booking Hipark Studio room without breakfast for £50 pn with Hotels.com, (Early Bird price, non refundable), a few weeks later they had the Santa Fe room only including breakfast for my dates for £38.50 pn. I would have rather been on site in a Disney hotel. Humph.